Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been looking at some of the bikes you guys have and I see some of you are using the small Evolution 2 can with your Akra pipes. Could somebody give me some measurements of the end can as I'm thinking I can maybe bodge one on to my R1.

Many thanks.

Ugly

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
The overall length of the can is almost 19 inches. That is from the edge of the inlet to the end of the tip. Heres a pic with a ruler to show scale.

later...Ara-mri

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that,

Can also you tell me the exterior diameter of the end of the link pipe that goes into the inlet cap on the can?? My Akra link pipe measures bang on 60mm with the interior of the inlet cap aprrox. 0.5mm larger.

PS We don't use feet and inches in the UK anymore :smile: We've went all Euro!!

Cheers

Ugly

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Yep, same measuerments. The Outlet of the link pipe is 60mm, and the inlet of the muffler is about 65 mm.

later...Ara-mri

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great news!!

It should fit fine. One last thing :smile: ...

Can you tell me if the circumference of the oval is the same as the long can, i.e. will the normal carbon hanger strap/bracket type bit fit around it OK?? Mine has the part number P-MCT4 (it has T4 on a yellow sticker on the inside) but looking the Akra site I see it has a different part number for the ZX-10R evo 2 one - P-MCTD1 or P-MCCD1 for use with the carbon sleeve can.

Thanks again

Ugly

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
The yellow sticker on the inside of my muffler strap says CD1, so i don't know if they are the same size.

later...Ara-mri

1 - 6 of 6 Posts