Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please confirm what is the lenght of the can on a akrapovic evoII hexagonal system. I think it's beetween 300mm(11.8")and 375mm(14.8") but would like someone to confirm. I suppose it's the same for the evoII oval if thats what you have but would prefer to have confirmation on the hexagonal.

The mesurement I want is for the can itself from the external of the metal holding clamp (part with the rivet) to the other side identical metal clamp.

Thank you!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
youre in luck my hex slip on just came in the mail. measuring from the outside of the rivet clamps its just under 18 inches across.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but that lenght is for a standart lenght pipe. I am looking for the short version call evo II.

I have the same pipe as you but will cut it to the evoII lenght thats why I need this info.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
of i see i plan on trimming 2.5'' off of mine which brings it to that size if not close.

·
Registered
474 Posts
351mm from outside of metal band to same on other end.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
351mm from outside of metal band to same on other end.
Thank you!

I am wondering if you have a pick of your evo2 carbon hexagonal pipe install on your bike as the only picks I seen are the titanium evo2 hex version on the 04-05 ZX-10R.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
^^^
Your cut down canister has gotta be a lot more than 1 mm shorter than the actual EVO 2 can unless it's just the pic than makes it look that way. Are you measuring from riveted band to band or the whole canister? Yours looks like it's either 1/2 or 3/4 the size of the actual one.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Here is a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
474 Posts
Your welcome,what are you doing?Going to make a evoII can?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Your welcome,what are you doing?Going to make a evoII can?
Exactly.

Akrapovic are at 45-50% reduction right now because of a blowout sales going on but not on the hexagonal evoII were the reduction is a lot lower.

EvoII was 580$ more so I figure out that some rivets are not has expensive :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts