Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got my Akrapovic Evo 2 system in today. I will be installing it sometime this week, and will post some pics then too.

later...Ara-mri

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Forgot to mention. I weighed the full Evo 2 system. It weighed in at 9 pounds, including some packing material. I then weighed the stock slip on section. It weighed in at 8 pounds. So the whole Evo system is only one pound more than the just the stock slip on.

later...Ara-mri

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Ara! I wasn't aware that they made the EVO2's with a carbon cannister. The head pipe diameter looks massive in comparison to the stock ones. I wonder if that will be a problem when removing the oil filter, as it already takes some fiddling with the stock pipes.

Also, thanks for the EVO2 cannister length measurement. I just shortened my exhaust cannister, and lucked out that it was almost the exact length of the EVO2's. I guess it's better to be lucky then good....

Best of luck, and lets see some pics and impressions when you get it on the bike.

·
Administrator
6,720 Posts
Rspec99 said:
Thanks for the pics, Ara! I wasn't aware that they made the EVO2's with a carbon cannister. The head pipe diameter looks massive in comparison to the stock ones. I wonder if that will be a problem when removing the oil filter, as it already takes some fiddling with the stock pipes.
until Ara gets some pictures up, here's one of Hawk Kaws bike from last year.

I think Krazy1 mentioned something about the tight fit in that long ass post.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Thanks YSR50, for the pics... That is the first time I've seen the EVO2 on a racebike. I often wondered why Team Kawasaki in the AMA use the longer exhaust cannister. Are there noise requirements that these teams have to pass?

I guess in theory, a shorter exhaust cannister is louder, contributes to less back pressure (albeit slight), and be a smidge lighter. Why wouldn't more teams use them?
That being said, looks at the long sewer pipes sprouting from Rossi's M1. I guess it's all about tuning and how you want the powerband to look like.

I remember back in the '03 season, Mladin and Yates ran the short Yoshimura cannisters.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Hey guys, just got my Akrapovic Evo 2 system in today. I will be installing it sometime this week, and will post some pics then too.

later...Ara-mri
Next week??????? Id be up as late as it took to get that thing on. Then, definate test ride. I couldn't imagine wating a week...especially with the hoidays commin up....unless I was going out of town but still...:rant: :mrgreen:

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have already put it on, but the bike is still in the shop. I should be getting it back soon. Believe me, i cant wait to install it.

later...Ara-mri

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let me know when you get it Andy.

later...Ara-mri

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It retails for 1769.95, but give us a call and we'll hook you up.

later...Ara-mri

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Rspec99 said:
Thanks YSR50, for the pics... That is the first time I've seen the EVO2 on a racebike. I often wondered why Team Kawasaki in the AMA use the longer exhaust cannister. Are there noise requirements that these teams have to pass?

I guess in theory, a shorter exhaust cannister is louder, contributes to less back pressure (albeit slight), and be a smidge lighter. Why wouldn't more teams use them?
That being said, looks at the long sewer pipes sprouting from Rossi's M1. I guess it's all about tuning and how you want the powerband to look like.

I remember back in the '03 season, Mladin and Yates ran the short Yoshimura cannisters.
Tommy and Roger run the short muffler at some tracks. I have a pic of their bikes at Barber last year running the short muffler and this year I remember seeing them at Sears Point.

btw, Ara. Sweet exhaust. You'll love it.
-------------------------
'04 ZX10
'03 G1
'02 RC
'00 Busa

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
hey Ara...not to thread jack....but i posted you on the radiator guard....

·
Registered
64 Posts
just installed my evo 2.. what a difference... got mine for 1492.00... loud and beautiful.. during install be sure to take the bottom collectors off the header pipes.. this will give you a better contact where the header pipe meets the motor.. but take your time .. header bolts are a 12 mm .... and a 10 mm for the radiator brackets.. you will need someone to hold the radiator away from the headers during install.. just be sure to tighten as tight as possible.. had an exhaust leak my first try... had to redo it.. took me 2 hours.. with farings and all...just take your time...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts