Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2nd Gen i have the choice between a full Arata system or a evo Akra system for around 1500 for either one. I was wondering which would be better i like the smaller oval canisters that the Arata shorty system has, but you cant over look Akra quality. so the question is which one guys?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I have an Arata and a buddy of mine has the identical setup in Akra. I would not say Akra has any better quality than Arata. Honestly they are almost identical but I did slighty (and I mean slightly) perfer the finish of my Arata. You can't go wrong either way. Go with which one you like the looks of the best.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I just like the sound of the Arata for some reason? i say that and i ended up with a leo titanium......go figure.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
If I had to do it all over again...I would chose the black short Arata system....looks great, sounds great,.....but thats just me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought a full akra for my 1st gen and it looks good and sounds really good I had a twobrothers on it before and it was veryy loud I liked it being loud then I put the akra on it and its a completly different sound its a lot deeper imo goo with the akra.. try jcmotors.com I bought my brand new full system for 761 bucks it was a stealll

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Don't let the fact that most people use Akra make you think that it's better...because it's not. They are both top of the line exhausts as far as power, quality, etc. goes so you just have to pick which one you like the looks of better.

IMO, the Arata looks better on the GEN2 bikes because the smaller canisters open up the space below the tail more.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
you can't go wrong with either one. if i could have found an arata when i bought my akra, it woud have been a really hard choice. i would listen to the sound clips of the arata on a 3rd gen over and over. i would love to hear one in person. but i am very happy with my full akra.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
From what i have seen on the various models, the ARATA would be the hands down winner for sure.
Quality is the same if not better than AKra, and well you dont see Arata on everything.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
you can't go wrong with either one. if i could have found an arata when i bought my akra, it woud have been a really hard choice. i would listen to the sound clips of the arata on a 3rd gen over and over. i would love to hear one in person. but i am very happy with my full akra.
The few bikes (10's especially) that i've heard with a full or even slipon arata sounded like a sweet symphony of testosterone :dontknow: or something like that.. I had a chance to get one used but ended up getting a new leo vince titanium high mount and i am very happy with it so far. get what ya like bro....everyone is gonna have their reasons and opinions why one is better or worse than the other. but get the arata!! :banamet:

·
Banned
333 Posts
BUT.....now for some not so good news.....no one carries the Arata exhaust any more.
WRONG!!!

Give Arata USA a call not only do they have them in stock, they are on sale.

Now for the original post, I whole heartedly choose Arata over Akra any day but know that if you get the Arata, replacement parts are hard to come by. All parts come from Japan and they have been slow at best to get over here.

http://aratausacom.host-manager.com/product.asp?productid=407541

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
WRONG!!!

Give Arata USA a call not only do they have them in stock, they are on sale.

Now for the original post, I whole heartedly choose Arata over Akra any day but know that if you get the Arata, replacement parts are hard to come by. All parts come from Japan and they have been slow at best to get over here.

http://aratausacom.host-manager.com/product.asp?productid=407541
I did give them a call....NO CARBON OR MATTE canisters...plus no one else I called was able to get them. I tried to get this exhast a while back....no one claimed to be able to get one.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
That's weird that you can't get them anymore. I had no trouble getting mine from Pipe City but that was like 4 years ago.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Arata of course!!nothing beats Japanese full systems...my Sato beat EVO2 gain 3+hp..also Arata has one of the best titanium welding and top quality!!!:wink:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts