Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got the exhaust on and when i start it when its cold after about 30 seconds the idle with chug and surge for about 30 seconds as then go back to normal. Is this something that will go away once i remap or is something else wrong?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I believe mine does something similar but once it gets a tad warm everthing seems fine.

I'd wait until it gets a bit warmer and if it still does it you may have a problem.

It's not the first time you've started it all winter was it?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe mine does something similar but once it gets a tad warm everthing seems fine.

I'd wait until it gets a bit warmer and if it still does it you may have a problem.

It's not the first time you've started it all winter was it?
no its like the 2nd or 3rd time? could it be bad gas? itll start have a high idle and not surge, then surge and chug for 30 seconds then be fine again :dontknow:

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Could be cold...My bike will chug but not a lot. Once it is warmed up, it sounds back to normal.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It likely just cold. The new demands for fuel management might make the difference. Mines mapped and it chugs until she's warm

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
^^^:dontknow:
Hard to tell without hearing the bike but as long as you didn't accidentally unhook a connector or something during the install just adding an exhaust wouldn't cause it.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^:dontknow:
Hard to tell without hearing the bike but as long as you didn't accidentally unhook a connector or something during the install just adding an exhaust wouldn't cause it.
guess ill have to wait and see once i get a fresh tank of fuel in her and a new map :sad:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
if it wasnt chugging before then i doubt its bad gas. run a fuel stabilizer through it to be safe but in the mean time you may want to grab a map from the .net pc3 section. sounds like your a/f may be way off. when you throttle up do you notice a oil smell or see a flame?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if it wasnt chugging before then i doubt its bad gas. run a fuel stabilizer through it to be safe but in the mean time you may want to grab a map from the .net pc3 section. sounds like your a/f may be way off. when you throttle up do you notice a oil smell or see a flame?
ya it wasnt chugging before so could a map make a difference at idle?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts