Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

AIS mod went bad

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  snicky10r 
#1 ·
Tried to do AIS mod the way everyone posted and now my bike wont start. i have 2007 zx10r with full muzzy gp exhaust custom map and bmc air filter. please help.

#2 ·
Sorry I can't help you with the problem, but welcome to the site. Where are you from in NC?

#3 · (Edited)
Geez, Sure would like to help but its kinda hard to know what you did or didn't do. Did you check for anything electrical left unplugged, any pinched hoses, any crossed hoses? I made this mistake in the past but not so much anymore--Does it have gasoline? Good luck, when you find it, you'll say damn howed I do that? Bye the way, if when you are trying to start the motor it seems to lock up on compression, you may have a cylinder or cylinders hydro locking with gasoline. Its more common with gravity fed carb bikes than fuel pump injection, however since I don't know what kind of problems you are experiencing, should you have a hydro locking issues, don't keep trying to turn it over. Hope some of this info helps.

#6 ·
Check to make sure your fuel pump is plugged in. Make sure your plug coil leads are pushed in all the way also.

Does the bike turn over? do you hear a whine from inside the fuel tank when you cycle the key? does it try to fire but not catch? Need more info please

#9 ·
One thing I failed to mention was the first time I got the bike together I forgot to hook up the fuel pump wires. It started but died and now it wont do anything but crank with the wires connected. Do you think it could be that the plugs are now fouled out.

#10 ·
The plugs would only foul if you were getting fuel but no spark. Check all the obvious things: make sure it's in neutral, kickstand up, clutch pulled in, key and kill switch in the run position, tip over sensor not disconnected or oriented funny... Hope that helps.

#12 ·
No it shouldn't be the ais, It's probably something disconnected/ loose somewhere. How long did it run before it died? That sounds like you used all the fuel in the throttle bodies and ran out when the pump wasn't running. Normally the pump should've filled them back up and it should've fired right up. Try to start it a few times and then pull a sparkplug. If the plug is dry- no fuel, if it's wet no spark. Next ground the tip of the plug to the valve cover and turn it over and look for spark, this will be easier to see with the lights off if need be. Try that out and get back to us with your results. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
You wanna ride this weekend? I left my 10 at my parent's house last weekend and I'm gonna pick it up/ride it this weekend.

#16 ·
u guys are making me wish my bike was running. tried everything and still nothing, well it will start but sounds like a 3 cylinder now. any info please help. and yes if my bike was running i would be there.

#19 ·
Ok, that somewhat sounds simple. Could possibly be a bad plug, plug not tightened down all the way, coil not pushed down on plug all the way, wire to coil not hooked up or some mixed up. Easy way to see which cylinder isnt firing, start it and hit the header with water from a spray bottle, whichever tube doesnt burn off the water or has the most left after a little bit is your problem cylinder.

#20 ·
Thanks for all the help, finally got it one of the coils wasn't seated and the main plug for the ignition system some how wasn't clicked in, causing it to work half way. Again thanks for everything.

#21 ·
Cool deal man. Find out your distance from Greenville and maybe we can get a ride together for Sunday!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.