Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up an appointment to get custom mapped out here in Florida. One of the things the guy asked me to do was to block or clamp the AIS or he would charge me a fee to do it. My question is what do I need to do to block or clamp it and how hard is it to do? A picture of what to block or clamp would be great if anyone has one. Thanks

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
AIS=air injection system=KLEEN. To block it you need to take off the tank and air box. On the top if the cam cover are two plates with about 3/4" tubes running to them that have a little dohickey in the middle with a single tube running to the airbox. Probably the easiest place to block this off temporarily is at the tube that connects to the airbox.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot. Is there anyway to do it without removing the air box? This way I don't have to block the hose off, re-assemble the airbox, get it tuned, and then remove and re-assemble the air box to unblock it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay my last dumb question. If the AIS gets air from the airbox and it was suggested to block the hose leading to the airbox, is it possible to block air feed from inside the airbox where ever this hose connects to? Just a thought, thanks.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
The hose connects to the front of the airbox at a hose barb molded into the airbox. You could probably fill that fitting with silicone and then come back later a remove it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts