Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Google "DME air shifter mounts". Not sure what year your looking for. Looks like a Gen 1 in your avatar, but maybe its for a Gen 4-5? You should be able to find a Gen 4-5 direct bolt on.

No one made one for my Gen 3, so I bought a ZX14 mount, shortened it, rethreaded it from 8m to 10mm and looks like it was made to fit this model. In addition it now has steel threaed insert instead of alloy threads. I believe it was a DME brand.

Keep us updated on your progress, I love air shifters lol. There a hoot accelerating onto the interstates lol.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Like Spaz said for anyone reading this, very important if using N20 or C02 to set up so liquid does NOT go into the system, just the opposite of what you want if spraying your motor with nitrous. These 2 gases can give you hundreds if not 1000's of shifts off a single bottle and no drop in pressure, no compressors, really the only way to go.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Another thing I have wanted to do but have lost interest since I started taking Gunsmithing classes was to work on the internals of the stock horn button to take up some of the slack so it takes less push to engage. Never GOT A ROUND TUIT!,......…......yet. LOVE my air shifter.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Google "DME air shifter mounts". Not sure what year your looking for. Looks like a Gen 1 in your avatar, but maybe its for a Gen 4-5? You should be able to find a Gen 4-5 direct bolt on.

No one made one for my Gen 3, so I bought a ZX14 mount, shortened it, rethreaded it from 8m to 10mm and looks like it was made to fit this model. In addition it now has steel threaed insert instead of alloy threads. I believe it was a DME brand.

Keep us updated on your progress, I love air shifters lol. There a hoot accelerating onto the interstates lol.
Yea i have a gen1 was hoping anybody knew a company who sold them for the older gens. If anybody runing airshifter on gen1 would love to see pic of how youll got your shifter rams mounted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yea i have a gen1 was hoping anybody knew a company who sold them for the older gens. If anybody runing airshifter on gen1 would love to see pic of how youll got your shifter rams mounted.

Your probably going to have to fabricate something then.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
....if I had the bike & parts in front of me I could whip you something up for pennies on the dollar... but I had to build my own as well. No aftermarket love for the first 3 gens anymore. :)

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
....if I had the bike & parts in front of me I could whip you something up for pennies on the dollar... but I had to build my own as well. No aftermarket love for the first 3 gens anymore. :)
Wish you was closer you would have a gen1 in your possesion.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts