Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have narrowed it down for a few different brands/helmets. The main two being the Airoh GP500 or the Nitek P1. I have not owned either of these brands before but they seem to be high quality.. price really isnt the issue so if anyone has an opinion please let a brother know..:helmet:

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They really do. They have a helmet for everyone, the graphics are top notch and highly detailed. I like the GP500 Drive model, the white and black paint would go great with the '13 white/black 10R haha.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i was able to try out the nitek for about a week in july i think. it was damn nice... i couldnt find any reviews on it anywhere so i couldnt fork over the cash for a helmet i knew nothing about. it seals soooo tight. i wouldnt recommend it for daily use but hey maybe thats what you want. its just a pain in the ass to get on and off. its on the warmer side especially if not moving very fast. it was really comfortable once on though and quite. never had an airoh so i cant compare. hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
OGK FTW.. but the new Sharks beat them all.. Visor system is wicked. The visor is also really thick in the front for safety. and the vision in them is really good.. bad ass Helmets!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
The only shark helmet i would get is the Race-R Pro, which at $700 i could probably get a better helmet. But idk..never had any of the ones im looking at now haha.
Since when are you buying retail price? So many plugs out there.. :heyyou: Name me a better one and why? They have it all!! Shoei looks dated.. Arai looks like an Arai..same paint scheme with gay visor system.You wanna buy a brand that you never tried on before? Get a helmet with a good distribution system in you Country.. easier to get visors and spare parts.. Why bother with OGK and others Euro/Japanese brands?:badteeth:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
idk i kind of think its cool to have something that not everyone else has. nitek is sold in alot of places in the united states...

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since when are you buying retail price? So many plugs out there.. :heyyou: Name me a better one and why? They have it all!! Shoei looks dated.. Arai looks like an Arai..same paint scheme with gay visor system.You wanna buy a brand that you never tried on before? Get a helmet with a good distribution system in you Country.. easier to get visors and spare parts.. Why bother with OGK and others Euro/Japanese brands?:badteeth:
Haha i always pay full price for my lids..guess i dont look hard enough lol. I do like the shark helmet. Im adding that to my list..here is the updated list..

1. Shark Race-R Pro
2. OGK FF-5V
3. Airoh GP500
4. Bell Star
5. Nexx XR1R

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
well im rocking the bell star carbon cerwinske right now and i can tell you i love the lid. flows air like its going out of style which is great for the AZ heat. my only problem right now is that its soooooo freaking loud. on an unrelated note to the wind i had a problem with my visor sealing on my first one not bad at all i was more just curious what i could do to make it better and i emailed bell sports and they sent me another one before i even had mine in the mail. they gave me a ton of free stuff too. just saying their customer service is excellent!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
well im rocking the bell star carbon cerwinske right now and i can tell you i love the lid. flows air like its going out of style which is great for the AZ heat. my only problem right now is that its soooooo freaking loud. on an unrelated note to the wind i had a problem with my visor sealing on my first one not bad at all i was more just curious what i could do to make it better and i emailed bell sports and they sent me another one before i even had mine in the mail. they gave me a ton of free stuff too. just saying their customer service is excellent!!
Great ventilation= noise.. goes together :) Love the Bell in Carbon! Lovely lid!

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
out of those 2 id chose the airoh. its just bad ass and noone has one.
I so agree..i like being different. Although, i will not be putting a girly fluffy mohawk on it..but i might think about putting a hand made, metal war hawk on there hahaha.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts