Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I put on my new RS3 pipe and disconnect the exhaust servo under the
rear seat...I decide to try the PCIII USB install with the Arrow slip on map.
Load the map, remove seats, tail piece, lift off tank and tug...and tug pulling
hoses and removing all I can...and I am afraid I will break air box !! So it gets close to
dark...I panic and put it all back together to regroup. Bike runs like a scalded
ape with just the other mods but I feel like I could get more....

BTW the low rpm bog is gone now with the valve disabled. and the vibration
at low rpm is FAR less...

anybody got any air box removal tips?????

·
Registered
672 Posts
I disconnected all the hoses running up to the airbox, removed the 2 rubber ram air scoops, & just twist it counter clockwise. Your gonna need to play with it a little, but it'll come out. To put the scoops back in thru the frame I sprayed some WD40 on them (outside only) & slid them in. Also gonna require some playing with.

·
Registered
672 Posts
He's "orange crush", I'm just "fast orange" lol! I got that "twist n shout technique" from BD, too!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think to remove you twist the box clockwise a quarter turn and then up (I got this most excellent and helpful tip from Ryan Schnitz). I have pulled it out and put it in three times in the past two days, I've gotten good. I left my ram air tubes in and just folded them up a bit towards the front of the frame for a little extra room. I hope your PC works better then mine did!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I need to remove my tank and airbox to install a TRE. When removing the tank what do you do to prevent gasoline from spilling? That is, is fuel spillage when removing the tank a big deal?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
when you release the clip for the fuel line maybe a couple of drop come out but that is it...have had my tank off quite a few time and never had a problem...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts