Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a trick to this? I know it has to come out, what do you all do to remove it easily?

The Rubber snorkels are a bit long in the frame, and I didnt dig them out too much, but the box has some "wings" that keep it in the frame, is there something that I can do to get it out? I think once it is out, I will cut those wings and fill the area up so I can quickly remove it.

Trying to get out the butterflies and change plugs.

One last question, good Oil Pan Gasket set? Anyone know where I can get one online? I don't care to deal with dealer pricing.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
the snorkels need to be pushed inward so they are out of the way and then rotate the box counter clockwise while lifting one corner of the box and it should come out.

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
you have to twist it some to get it out...

check teh 1/5 throttle install in the how to section

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
BD youre still quick in your old age...lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gracias Senoir

I do appreciate it, I will now have to take the tank off tonight and remove those butterflies! Plugs will have to wait as I imagine they are a PITA.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
There should be a sticky on this :lol: Seriously tho b/c I know sat first I had issues and there has been like 100 posts on this in the past few months. I would do it but I'm not home. Someone get on this :thumbsup:

·
Registered
531 Posts
bump. This was a PITA! I got pics....but honestly, I don't know how I'm going to put it back in.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
:spit: sorry. I think it is funny b/c pretty much all of us had the same problem with it. The more you do it the easier it gets. Go outside and do Airbox Removal/Install drills ALL DAY. You won't wanna do it anymore but you'll be GOD. Then your friends will be having you do there. Just like I get stuck doing :eyecrazy::lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts