Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I messed up. Went to bleed front brakes on my gen 5 ABS and accidentally pumped too much, got air past the master cylinder. Normally no problem, just fill it back up and pump some more. No dice. No matter what I do can’t get more than a tiny bit of pressure in the lever. I tried bleeding with a 1 way valve, then a vacuum gun, then a full on air conditioner vacuum pump I hooked to my bleed can but no matter how much fluid I suck through the bleeder valves I can’t get pressure back. Am I missing something?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,247 Posts
Did you bleed the MC before the calipers? That's your problem.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,247 Posts
the videos i watched said start further away from the master... so left side, right side, then master.
Were you watching videos from Australia where everything is upside down? :p :D Doing it that way doesn't work. The idea is to prime the radial MC first so the brake fluid can be pushed to the calipers afterwards. Because of the radial piston that's angled downward, it will tend to keep a pocket of air trapped in it and that's why there's a separate bleed valve on it that should be done first.

Reactions: dwill

·
Registered
280 Posts
Were you watching videos from Australia where everything is upside down? :p :D Doing it that way doesn't work. The idea is to prime the radial MC first so the brake fluid can be pushed to the calipers afterwards. Because of the radial piston that's angled downward, it will tend to keep a pocket of air trapped in it and that's why there's a separate bleed valve on it that should be done first.

no they were american videos, but i guess they got it wrong! maybe they assume the air moves upwards?

thanks, will try it that way next time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts