Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to put a wideband air/fuel or lambda kit on my 10,can anyone tell me the average range it should be,for a street bike with exhaust,filter,pc ect?ie at idle,mid rev range and hard on the gas.cheer's.:dontknow:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
idle and around town driving around 14.5:1
anything about 20-60% throttle a lil richer
wide open throttle 12.8-13.2:1 for max power....

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fitted my wideband lambda gauge today and fully warmed up(80'c)the bike idleing it was reading,11.4/11.6??very rich me thinks...bliped throttle to 6000/7000rpm and it went even richer!like in the 10's??its running map m222-507 that dynojet said would be best for my set up..i have full akra,bmc,block off plates,and glpro tre..its an 06 10,i know people are going to say GET A CUSTOM MAP which i will!but should it be that rich at idle as most maps dont alter the fueling til 1500/2000rpm???could it be something to do with the 02 eliminators??help...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone know what (area)on the 06 10r the 02 sensors closed loop system controls? ie idle or at set rpm ect.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Is this a US-spec bike or a Euro-spec bike? I'm pretty sure that with the possible exception of California (haven't seen one) that the US-spec bike does not have O2 sensors.

Your map is wrong or there is something else wrong. There is absolutely no reason for it to be that pig-rich anywhere. Automotive engines nowadays all run stoichiometric everywhere below full load and this is the same thing, just smaller. No reason for it to be that rich. It will just foul spark plugs and wash oil off the cylinder walls and contaminate the oil with gasoline.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
idle and around town driving around 14.5:1
anything about 20-60% throttle a lil richer
wide open throttle 12.8-13.2:1 for max power....
Never seen one mapped like that, but I can understand why you would suggest it.

Would that not cause the temps to be a little high around town? I always heard and thought and average of 13.0/1 (give or take .2 of course) was a good target through the entire range.

Just wondering what the benifit would be? Fuel mileage?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Never seen one mapped like that, but I can understand why you would suggest it.

Would that not cause the temps to be a little high around town? I always heard and thought and average of 13.0/1 (give or take .2 of course) was a good target through the entire range.

Just wondering what the benifit would be? Fuel mileage?
Exactly, mostly all driveability and fuel milage along with making the bike not load up so much around town. I actually prefer my bike to idel around the 13.5:1 or so to keep it cooler at the light and i do notice a difference from 14.5 to the 13.5 change I did recently.

for maximum hp right around 13.0:1 is great... p.s. for tuners, to get it to really get tuned in, make sure you run the bike wide open to clear out all the carbon in the motor and clean her out and tune. 13.0:1 at crusiing speeds all your doing is wasting fuel and dirtying up the motor, I run my bike at close to 15:1 at crusing speeds... BTW I'm on a stock motor now as well but also ran these air fuels on a 14.5:1 compression 2mm motor for about 2 years :thumbsup:

I get close to 50mpg is i behave around town and im usually cruising about 80-90mph on the highway and thats +2 rear gearing with the speedohealer dialed in pretty close!

:hello:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uk spec bike.phoned dynojet uk today told them my mods and issues(very helpfull tech guy richard)and he said he would have a look through there records and come back to me,phoned me back 20 mins later and said that he could send me a map that they had done on a superstock race bike(bonus),he sent me the map and then sent me the same map but with -10 on 750-1250 rpm to lean idle out more!but he said it might stall,but he said see what its like..i will give them ago,cant see them being bad as dynojet them self done the maps! any how now ive got the wideband kit i can see for myself..so big thumbs up to dynojet uk!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where is the O2 sensor located? If its too close to the end of the pipe you can get oxygen contamination.
its in the single pipe section on my akro full system,just behind the rear brake footrest.its where akropovic put it from the factory so it must be just fine!!:headshake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts