Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will replacing the stock air filter with something like a K&N change the fueling to the point you will need new mapping in the ECU?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the K&N air filter in mine and an after market exhaust system and it seems to run great and fine, But I was told you needed a new tune, I am trying to find out if there is truth to it.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I got a pc3 cheap(used) when my bike was stock and it helped on the throttle response. I am not good enough to tell the difference of a couple hp I may have gained but the ridiablity was def better. I planned on a full system and air filter change in the futured when I got it because it was recommended with more than a slip on.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Will replacing the stock air filter with something like a K&N change the fueling to the point you will need new mapping in the ECU?
Years ago I had a Bandit carbed bike, I put a race BMC in it and couldnt even ride the bike it spit and sputtered so bad. It needed a jet kit now with the 10's the computer will compensate to a certain extent. I'm sure a tune would help and is recommended but not really needed. I've had a race BMC and a 20 shot of nitrous on my bike its never been tuned and it hasn't blown up and the plugs look good. I not saying dont get your bike tuned just saying you'd be ok if you chose not too. I'd get it tuned when you have more mods

1 - 4 of 4 Posts