Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how often do most people change their air filter and spark plugs , ive got 20,000 on the plugs and no ill effect , the owners manual says every 7 thousand ? sounds like a waste of money

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
i usually service my airlfiter every oil change and change my plugs every 10k.
:+1: sounds about right, OR if the bike is running a little funny and it's been a while since the plugs have been changed, then it's only $12-$40 job depending on which plugs you go with. just be sure and take your time with the plugs and swing the upper motor mounts out of the way. in case you didn't know ir have done it yet....loosen the airbox and twist it 90 degrees and she'll come out at a bit of an angle.:mrgreen: the plugs are fun the first time though!!! that and putting the rubber inner air tubes back in......I LOVE IT!!!!! that's why i cut mine down about 4"!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
@ 24k i had mine changed. the guy said the old oem's still look perfect

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ive got 22,000 on the plugs , no change in performance . in my opinion and experience plugs are changed when they are worn down or fouled . and air filter depends on the conditions , but whats up with kawasaki not keeping a simple air filter in stock ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts