Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !

In my 1/5 throttle modification I removed the right ram air duct from the frame (made from rubber)

The fitting is quite tight and there is not much room for hand...the upper fairing is still assembled to my ZX10R bike...

How you can be sure that the duct will be in correct location...do I need to remove the upper fairing ??? If I push the rubber duct to hole it is very tight...

Please any experiences ???

Attachments

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I did that the first time I took my air box out too.

I got it back in just being patient, was paranoid at first about if it was in right.

Take a flashlight and look through the ram air hole and you should be able to see the snorkel back in there. Just compare it to your other one form that view and you'l feel better.

Did not take the front apart but considered it at the time.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
A light spray of WD-40 (or just about anything rubber safe) allows it to snap into place.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
All you have to do is push the ram air tubes inside the frame. The round lip on the inside of the frame and the flat lip on the outside. Not really much to it. For future reference, don't pull the tubes out. Instead fold them back into themselves into the frame.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The front of the ram air tubes do not matter, they a press fit and dont slip over anything, they both just push up at the front of the ram air entrance.

Just make sure the rear is locked in place and snap on like it is suppossed to be and you will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts