Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep hearing about this but havent seen where it explains where it is? guessing its just allowing for more air flow.

I also need some plastics if anyone knows of any, I need left mid and lower, right lower, and tail. I dont want any missing tabs from the tail or anything

·
Registered
249 Posts
prolly the butterfly valve removal

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
IF it's this one then it's just a block off plate alt that gets rid of the popping on decal for the most part after installing a slipon or full system.go to pg 2 for the 1st gen and you simply unhook the tube from the airbox and put a plug in it and the inlet it went into in the airbox...works like a charm!!
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79926

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
you can cut the inside of the divider out in the ram air tubes. remove the 2 tall stacks in the middle and replace with the shorter outside stacks and pull the sec flies from the TB's.

·
Registered
795 Posts
just did this today, took out the ram air tubes, was like i am cuttin these out, removed butterflies, ordering short stacks this week along with a k&n or bmc filter

·
Registered
945 Posts
i only cut the "nose" part that extruded into the frame, kept the connector section from the airbox to the frame....makes a really agressive intake growl.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i only cut the "nose" part that extruded into the frame, kept the connector section from the airbox to the frame....makes a really agressive intake growl.
thought about doing this myself, but I did already cut out the divider in the snorkel. Did cutting the snorkel off make any difference ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts