Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, quick question and hope it hasn't been covered. I haven't seen it anyways. I installed a mxk10 and was curious if the odometer miles are transferred over? I've looked around a little and so far all I have is the 258 miles I've put on the bike since I've installed it. Thanks in advance.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,285 Posts
Congrats on the MXK10!

The odometer reading is stored in the instrument cluster itself, on both the AIM unit and the OEM cluster. There's no way to transfer it over currently. You start fresh at 0 miles with the new MXK10. Same thing would happen if you bought a new OEM unit and installed it. There's no options in the software to update that either.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the MXK10!

The odometer reading is stored in the instrument cluster itself, on both the AIM unit and the OEM cluster. There's no way to transfer it over currently. You start fresh at 0 miles with the new MXK10. Same thing would happen if you bought a new OEM unit and installed it. There's no options in the software to update that either.
Thank you, I absolutely love this dash. Makes me feel good about the new display on the 21's. I had a feeling they were stored but a kid on tonit swore up and down you could change it. The interface isn't terribly huge or complicated so I figured it was nonsense. Thank you again for the great info like always. Sorry if this was covered also I tried looking. Have a good weekend

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you, I absolutely love this dash. Makes me feel good about the new display on the 21's. I had a feeling they were stored but a kid on tonit swore up and down you could change it. The interface isn't terribly huge or complicated so I figured it was nonsense. Thank you again for the great info like always. Sorry if this was covered also I tried looking. Have a good weekend
Just send it in to AiM and they'll put any mileage in you want for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts