Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
what issues? and which firmware are you talking about? 02.28.26 is what I've been running for about a month now and have had no issues at all. I don't see any update after that one

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,633 Posts
OK, I updated the firmware to the latest 02.28.26 version and updated my logo for it. I stole the idea from NickSanto on that! Thought it would be funny!

Here's the screen for transmitting the image. Once connected to the unit, select it, then go to the 'logo' tab. Select your image and hit the transmit button. Size on it should be 800x480.

·
Registered
44 Posts
OK, I updated the firmware to the latest 02.28.26 version and updated my logo for it. I stole the idea from NickSanto on that! Thought it would be funny!

Here's the screen for transmitting the image. Once connected to the unit, select it, then go to the 'logo' tab. Select your image and hit the transmit button. Size on it should be 800x480.
Looks cool man. Best part is, it only take a few minutes to change out. I have like 5 different ones I can use, but the one I posted is pretty much my favorite. It sucks that we had to pay so much to upgrade the OEM dash, but on the other hand, it is cool that we get to customize it and change shift lights per gear. Definitely a bonus

·
Registered
846 Posts
So the issues are with Ver. 02.28.26 and they're all primarily with track-only operation--which is 100% of how I use my AiM dash.

1) Data loss--a few weeks ago I was racing and after went to download it to my laptop--the RS3 showed the data but before I had a chance to click Download--it suddenly vanished and I couldn't recover it. Very disappointing.

2) Predictive lap timing doesn't work. I cannot ride without predictive lap timing--as I really like to always know what pace I'm running in practice on in the race. The predictive lap timing worked for a couple of laps and then started showing garbage numbers. The issue doesn't go away.

3) When you select TC mode 4--the dash shows that TC is off. That is with KIT ecu--I don't know if this is the case with OEM ECU.

4) When I come off the track and try to look up data from my last session on the dash itself, i.e. lap times and top speeds, the speed readout is inflated by a fair amount around 10mph. This is weird because I have chosen to show GPS speed... not wheel speed.

It's apparent that AiM doesn't put as much development into the dash as other products. It seems to be geared for street riders who mostly just want to slap their splash screen on and be done with it. It really needs some Quality Control and Testing by the racers.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,633 Posts
So the issues are with Ver. 02.28.26 and they're all primarily with track-only operation--which is 100% of how I use my AiM dash.

It's apparent that AiM doesn't put as much development into the dash as other products. It seems to be geared for street riders who mostly just want to slap their splash screen on and be done with it. It really needs some Quality Control and Testing by the racers.
Thanks for that info! Yes, that is apparently the leading customer and I fall into that category more than I'd like to admit. I got mine for use during future trackdays and be able to use the datalogging, lap timer, and GPS features. That hasn't happened yet and is more of a whiz-bang, look-at-me upgrade at this point. Because of that, these issues won't impact me as much as you. I wouldn't say their QC should be focused on the racers, but more of a more comprehensive QC in general. How these issues get pushed out is beyond me. Thoroughly testing each feature in the lab to validate them seems like it's missing and the users are the Beta testers. Not real efficient that way. :cautious::(

How long ago did you update and how long have you been dealing with these? I'm concerned that you've had these for awhile and they won't be corrected in the short-term for you. I do hope they get all these resolved quick!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've updated to this version four weeks ago and since had two race weekends--I should have downgraded back a version but was lazy. I did communicate these issues to Aim and they've acknowledged them. So fingers crossed they get on it. It's not like we've got much racing this year so we've got time.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,622 Posts
Read the manual yesterday and swapped images last night. I have the race KRT ECU KIT and two things I noticed is
1. when switching TC the screen does something funky..like said...3rd or 4th gear selection jumps then corrects itself.
2. I do not have KIBS aka ABS and even tho I select off/not installed.... it shows ON on the dash screen. You can see it in the video i post.

I have this for my Race Bike, but....I love it so much I ordered a 2nd one for my street bike....Should have it tomorrow.

Race Bike splash screen from my MC Club.

Reactions: jd41

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts

Reactions: jd41 and SkyDork

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,633 Posts
Read the manual yesterday and swapped images last night. I have the race KRT ECU KIT and two things I noticed is
1. when switching TC the screen does something funky..like said...3rd or 4th gear selection jumps then corrects itself.
2. I do not have KIBS aka ABS and even tho I select off/not installed.... it shows ON on the dash screen. You can see it in the video i post.

I have this for my Race Bike, but....I love it so much I ordered a 2nd one for my street bike....Should have it tomorrow.

Race Bike splash screen from my MC Club.

Have you verified the firmware version on it? The values flashing for the power mode was in an earlier version and corrected in later versions. Are you on the latest? It may be a new issue related to the TC modes or you may not be running the latest firmware on it. The flashing values are nothing new and has been seen before on certain things before. It doesn't affect the operation.

Mine shows the KIBS indicator, but is OFF because I don't have that either. It would be nicer if the icon disappeared if not installed, but that's probably wishful thinking with that.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
987 Posts
Damn didn't know the load screen could be customized. Have been torn between this and the starlane. I like the starlane better but the sick load screen customization shit might sell me on the aim.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Other than splash (load) screen, and two versions of dash board (digital and analog) there is no more customization. I was hoping it would be more customization options like Aim MXS dash but it's not the case.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts
Have you verified the firmware version on it? The values flashing for the power mode was in an earlier version and corrected in later versions. Are you on the latest? It may be a new issue related to the TC modes or you may not be running the latest firmware on it. The flashing values are nothing new and has been seen before on certain things before. It doesn't affect the operation.

Mine shows the KIBS indicator, but is OFF because I don't have that either. It would be nicer if the icon disappeared if not installed, but that's probably wishful thinking with that.
I'll have to look and make sure, I do believe its the latest version (put out in April) SBU loaded this up in July and when I went to check to download the latest firmware, I did not have anything needed to update. I have to double check.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts
I'll have to look and make sure, I do believe its the latest version (put out in April) SBU loaded this up in July and when I went to check to download the latest firmware, I did not have anything needed to update. I have to double check.
Other than splash (load) screen, and two versions of dash board (digital and analog) there is no more customization. I was hoping it would be more customization options like Aim MXS dash but it's not the case.
Yeah I was expecting the ability to select what information you wanted and ability to sort of put it where you want it. But to be honest ... this is fine.
I rode my friends 2018 R1 and that Dash is the ultimate.
These zx10R could use the dash for a 2020 freshing up. but 100% sure the next bike will have it. Any word on the 2021?
Since i just spent a grip on both bikes I am hoping nothing changes lol until 2022 or 2023 lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
there was a rumor at one point that in a future firmware update they were going to add the ability to rearrange gauges as well as add or remove readouts so you can truly set it up the way you want. would definitely be nice, but I have a feeling we won't see that with the MXK10.

ps. I also have the TC glitch where when you go to setting 4 it kind of bugs out and does weird stuff. also sometimes there is a good delay between selecting things like Power mode and it will flicker back and forth before landing on the desired mode. I chalked that up to a delay from the ECU to the Dash and showing the current setting.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,633 Posts
there was a rumor at one point that in a future firmware update they were going to add the ability to rearrange gauges as well as add or remove readouts so you can truly set it up the way you want. would definitely be nice, but I have a feeling we won't see that with the MXK10.

ps. I also have the TC glitch where when you go to setting 4 it kind of bugs out and does weird stuff. also sometimes there is a good delay between selecting things like Power mode and it will flicker back and forth before landing on the desired mode. I chalked that up to a delay from the ECU to the Dash and showing the current setting.
More customization on the display would be nice, but I agree with you on it not showing up.

So, the glitch with the TC settings is on mine also. Sort of. If you go through the menu selections, the update is delayed and bounces around some. Thankfully I never use that. The TC settings on the normal display and just pressing the select button up/down doesn't have the issue. I can go from OFF->5 with no glitching if I just do it normally and not go through the menus. So the issue is related to the screen display options for that screen and the way it's drawing.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts
More customization on the display would be nice, but I agree with you on it not showing up.

So, the glitch with the TC settings is on mine also. Sort of. If you go through the menu selections, the update is delayed and bounces around some. Thankfully I never use that. The TC settings on the normal display and just pressing the select button up/down doesn't have the issue. I can go from OFF->5 with no glitching if I just do it normally and not go through the menus. So the issue is related to the screen display options for that screen and the way it's drawing.
Yes....mines def do it on the Menu screen, but I can not remember if it do it on the Display screen. So far I've only gone (Off-1).

I also think they would not give us that much customization for free lol. It would be a great selling item though. Mostly for racing.

This dash make me feel like I have a 2020 bike LOL. I like the old dash, but did not think Id get so attached/love this new dash as much.

off topic....
I was planning on skipping this weekends CCS race, then got all amped up to do it, but now its looking like a wash out. Oh and I just shipped my race tank out to get some vent nipples welded on. (but still have a spare tank).

·
Registered
44 Posts
for me honestly, the updated look was the main selling factor for the dash. Will I use it when I get to the track? Of course, but that's not really why I bought it. The only thing that felt outdated to me with the bike, was the dash. Now don't get me wrong, I think the stock dash is very cool, but with a plug and play option that looks a million times better, why not? So for me, even if there isn't as much customization as the other AIM dash available, it's still got way more options then a factory dash would have. Shift lights being my main favorite thing. I have been playing with them a lot and really trying to find a good reaction time for the upshift. I found myself over revving from 2nd to 3rd to often. Still working on it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't think there's much delay between ECU and the Dash. It's a software glitch and that's it with TC and it will probably be fixed eventually. Aim knows about it.

It would be ultimate if we could define our own screen layouts like with MXS dash. The issue is that it is a road-going dash so AiM has to think in terms of liability as well. It's safer to control what customers see than to give people the freedom to mess with it and end up with a law suit.

I would prefer that MXK10 dash allowed customizations when Kit ECU is detected. It already detects KIT ecu and allows additional features like TC changes on the fly.

For instance, I would get rid of the entire lower row of icons--almost half of them don't apply to track mode at all. ABS, Fuel Economy Indicator, etc. Useless.

I would put Engine Power Mode in a big icon that's easy to see. Also the same for TC level. And Engine Brake setting. Currently they're tiny and difficult to see, especially when pushing it on track--gotta keep those eyes looking ahead.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts
for me honestly, the updated look was the main selling factor for the dash. Will I use it when I get to the track? Of course, but that's not really why I bought it. The only thing that felt outdated to me with the bike, was the dash. Now don't get me wrong, I think the stock dash is very cool, but with a plug and play option that looks a million times better, why not? So for me, even if there isn't as much customization as the other AIM dash available, it's still got way more options then a factory dash would have. Shift lights being my main favorite thing. I have been playing with them a lot and really trying to find a good reaction time for the upshift. I found myself over revving from 2nd to 3rd to often. Still working on it.
Same for me ... I originally wanted this for the analog gauge for racing to see gear indicator the most....but I was under the assumption it also had more configuration track wise. But ill be damned if this isnt one of the best mods to this bike. My friend put it on his Gen 4 and the same thing...make these old girls look new again... a little plastic surgery lol.

I don't think there's much delay between ECU and the Dash. It's a software glitch and that's it with TC and it will probably be fixed eventually. Aim knows about it.

It would be ultimate if we could define our own screen layouts like with MXS dash. The issue is that it is a road-going dash so AiM has to think in terms of liability as well. It's safer to control what customers see than to give people the freedom to mess with it and end up with a law suit.

I would prefer that MXK10 dash allowed customizations when Kit ECU is detected. It already detects KIT ecu and allows additional features like TC changes on the fly.

For instance, I would get rid of the entire lower row of icons--almost half of them don't apply to track mode at all. ABS, Fuel Economy Indicator, etc. Useless.

I would put Engine Power Mode in a big icon that's easy to see. Also the same for TC level. And Engine Brake setting. Currently they're tiny and difficult to see, especially when pushing it on track--gotta keep those eyes looking ahead.
That actually make sense...if it can detect the KRT kit ECU, it should allow more customization. And id do the same thing you mention as far as the gauges to remove. and highlight

Speaking of that...my 2nd gauge just came in today. (for street bike).

Reactions: NickSanto
161 - 180 of 212 Posts