Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, this past weekend I joined the club also! I scored a used one off of eBay that saved me some money on it and it's practically brand new. Came with 24 miles on the odometer. I can scratch it off my Xmas list now and just get used to it on the bike! It's got some cool features and some quirks to get used to.

dang...as soon I read this I went 2 eBay!!! Lol wish I had of known, woulda been bidding against ya.🤪

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,823 Posts
dang...as soon I read this I went 2 eBay!!! Lol wish I had of known, woulda been bidding against ya.🤪
Haha! That's why I jumped on the Buy It Now! Had to keep the snipers away. I got lucky with this thing!

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Damn...same here...ive been looking for deals lol I want to buy 2 of them :O but need to get at least one for race bike first.
What Quirks are you talking about?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Damn...same here...ive been looking for deals lol I want to buy 2 of them :O but need to get at least one for race bike first.
What Quirks are you talking about?
Some of the quirks are related to the data. Much of it is inaccurately logged or labeled. There is also a fair amount of data missing. I know this because I'm using the mxs1.2 on my track bike with the Kit ECU with Ftecu software and the data is really good and mostly accurate and complete. However with my street bike and the mxk10 I am stuck with the set up AIM configured. (No customized data stream) It would be a much better product if we could use the same set up as the mxs1.2.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
826 Posts
Some of the quirks are related to the data. Much of it is inaccurately logged or labeled. There is also a fair amount of data missing. I know this because I'm using the mxs1.2 on my track bike with the Kit ECU with Ftecu software and the data is really good and mostly accurate and complete. However with my street bike and the mxk10 I am stuck with the set up AIM configured. (No customized data stream) It would be a much better product if we could use the same set up as the mxs1.2.

Thanks for the freedback on data and its integrity. Can you elaborate on what specifically isn't accurate or complete? Also, AIM has been extremely receptive to feedback on the MXK10 unit and they were very proactive about fixing shortcomings via a number of firmware updates. I would reckon that if you'd reported the issues to them, it would get fixed pretty quickly.

·
Registered
826 Posts

Thanks for the freedback on data and its integrity. Can you elaborate on what specifically isn't accurate or complete? Also, AIM has been extremely receptive to feedback on the MXK10 unit and they were very proactive about fixing shortcomings via a number of firmware updates. I would reckon that if you'd reported the issues to them, it would get fixed pretty quickly.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The Graves guys have spoken with Aim about these issues a couple months ago. Maybe we will see a fix next year.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Do the FTECU kit connect to the KRT ECU thus not having to buy the $525 KRT adapter box?
If you took the bike to a shop to tune and dyno with the FTECU kit the tuner will also have to have the FT ECU software and plug in correct?
(im only familiar with woolich so basing it all on that).

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Do the FTECU kit connect to the KRT ECU thus not having to buy the $525 KRT adapter box?
If you took the bike to a shop to tune and dyno with the FTECU kit the tuner will also have to have the FT ECU software and plug in correct?
I think this is in the wrong discussion. This concerns the AIM MXK10 :)

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts

I think this is in the wrong discussion. This concerns the AIM MXK10 :)
I forgot to Quote BBSsteinnewyork about using the FTECU software with the KRT KIT ECU and AIM MK10.
Sorry, three different pieces of tech and software used together.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I forgot to Quote BBSsteinnewyork about using the FTECU software with the KRT KIT ECU and AIM MK10.
Sorry, three different pieces of tech and software used together.
That's correct when you use the FTECU software there is no need for the Kawi tool for the Kit ECU mapping

·
Registered
215 Posts
You are correct

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
That's correct when you use the FTECU software there is no need for the Kawi tool for the Kit ECU mapping

And this is why I love bike specific BBS....That is a good change.
I am buying the AIM MK10, KRT ECU, KRT Main Harness and FTECU....
This is actually a cheaper set up and better way to interact with the dash/bike ecu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi newbie to this forum. Sorry for no introduction add just jumping on this thread. I have installed the mxk10 on my gen 5, am currently at Snetterton in the UK. gps ain't working and doesn't show gps info option in menu.

Any idea what it could be as I thought this was plug and play. I'm certain I plugged cable in properly.

Again sorry for jumping in but was looking forward to using this dash today for the first time and hate thought of stripping front end down again when get home :(

Thanks
Jamie, UK
(y)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Hi newbie to this forum. Sorry for no introduction add just jumping on this thread. I have installed the mxk10 on my gen 5, am currently at Snetterton in the UK. gps ain't working and doesn't show gps info option in menu.

Any idea what it could be as I thought this was plug and play. I'm certain I plugged cable in properly.

Again sorry for jumping in but was looking forward to using this dash today for the first time and hate thought of stripping front end down again when get home :(

Thanks
Jamie, UK
(y)
Are you thinking you will see a GPS screen like in your car? It doesn't work that way.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
680 Posts
Very interesting. Have you tried updating the firmware? I can't see why that would outright restrict you from access to the GPS screen but it's worth a shot.

Do you know if your speed is tracked via the GPS or the wheel speed sensors when the MKX is installed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I put Speedo on gps it doesn't work, if I put on ecu then Speedo works. So it's like gps ain't working. Firmware is 02.28.01 which I believe is correct and that's what come on it.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
680 Posts
If I put Speedo on gps it doesn't work, if I put on ecu then Speedo works. So it's like gps ain't working. Firmware is 02.28.01 which I believe is correct and that's what come on it.
Good job checking that. I think that would otherwise confirm the GPS either:
1: has an internally damaged cable
2: isn't getting power from speedo (faulty speedo circuit board)
3: doesn't function (faulty GPS unit, internal issues)

I would get a hold of AIM and have them send you a new GPS w/ cables. This will rule out 2 of the proposed issues. Hopefully that solves it. If it doesn't then that means there's some fault in the speedo's circuit board preventing an electrical connection between the units (bad solder job, burnt out contact, etc.)

121 - 140 of 152 Posts