Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
In KIT ECU software, you can adjust Engine Braking per Gear and also ETV (Electronic Throttle Valve) per Gear. The ETV allows you control how much throttle you want for each % of physical throttle opening. It's actually very handy because you can dial down power for certain gears (or RPM ranges) so that the bike is easier to ride at tracks where power isn't as important as good handling.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
When I first got the unit, I had the background always black, and it adjusted brightness as needed.

Now it constantly switches from black to white background, depending on the ambient light. I can make it always black in MANUAL mode, but it doesn’t adjust brightness.

Is this something that was changed in a previous FW?

Ideally, would like to set to either white or black background, and have it just adjust brightness automatically.

Maybe this can be done still, I just haven’t figured out how now.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,537 Posts
In KIT ECU software, you can adjust Engine Braking per Gear and also ETV (Electronic Throttle Valve) per Gear. The ETV allows you control how much throttle you want for each % of physical throttle opening. It's actually very handy because you can dial down power for certain gears (or RPM ranges) so that the bike is easier to ride at tracks where power isn't as important as good handling.
ETV is per gear in woolich normal ECU also...
I was about to say the same. I created over 7 maps (high and low) KEBC maps in woolich.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,537 Posts
When I first got the unit, I had the background always black, and it adjusted brightness as needed.

Now it constantly switches from black to white background, depending on the ambient light. I can make it always black in MANUAL mode, but it doesn’t adjust brightness.

Ideally, would like to set to either white or black background, and have it just adjust brightness automatically.

You can import your own graphic right?
If so do you know the allowed graphic formats? like I made/make various animation graphics using Adobe Fireworks/Illustrator for movie log intros...I saw how the R1 or Duc or BMW lol had the graphic intro that you could change...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
You can import your own graphic right?
If so do you know the allowed graphic formats? like I made/make various animation graphics using Adobe Fireworks/Illustrator for movie log intros...I saw how the R1 or Duc or BMW lol had the graphic intro that you could change...
I don't think you can use an animated graphic. I did change the photo on mine.

·
Registered
791 Posts

Yes, that's correct behavior. It changes background to white when it's too bright to allow better visibility. I do agree that it would be nice to be able to manually choose white or black and then still let auto-brightness do its thing. I would submit this as a suggestion to AIM for their review.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,537 Posts
Anyone run the extra Data add on stuff? My friend who has it said he hardly used it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Yes, that's correct behavior. It changes background to white when it's too bright to allow better visibility. I do agree that it would be nice to be able to manually choose white or black and then still let auto-brightness do its thing. I would submit this as a suggestion to AIM for their review.
I did give them feedback on this. This was changed from the first FW where the black did adjust brightness.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Anyone run the extra Data add on stuff? My friend who has it said he hardly used it.
Are you referring to adding additional sensors like suspension potentiometers and brake pressure sensor? If so, I think it's very useful only if you're a decent level racer because at that point, it's important to start to read what your suspension is doing and where. But otherwise, yes it's a waste of money because most people aren't using their bikes to that level anyway. The dash has some very impressive sensors onboard already so there's plenty of data to look at to help you understand what's going on. That said, it takes a certain mindset to care and understand what you're looking at.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,537 Posts
Are you referring to adding additional sensors like suspension potentiometers and brake pressure sensor? If so, I think it's very useful only if you're a decent level racer because at that point, it's important to start to read what your suspension is doing and where. But otherwise, yes it's a waste of money because most people aren't using their bikes to that level anyway. The dash has some very impressive sensors onboard already so there's plenty of data to look at to help you understand what's going on. That said, it takes a certain mindset to care and understand what you're looking at.
yeah I kinda figured that....as far as upper edge of skills to use it. He race pro level and running a new bike vs. kaw.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I'm thinking in purchase the dash, when you change the stock dash to the aim, the Odometer starts back to 0 or it keeps the actual mileague?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, for legal reasons, no one has the ability to modify the mileage.
Interesting... so if I understood it well, installing the aim is possible to tamper the actual mileage. If the stock dash is installed again, the miles that were done meanwhile the aim was installed are lost..

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Interesting... so if I understood it well, installing the aim is possible to tamper the actual mileage. If the stock dash is installed again, the miles that were done meanwhile the aim was installed are lost..
No, what is on the AIM cannot be modified, what is on the stock cannot be modified. When you put the stock back on, it is the same as when you removed it. Same with the AIM.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Well, this past weekend I joined the club also! I scored a used one off of eBay that saved me some money on it and it's practically brand new. Came with 24 miles on the odometer. I can scratch it off my Xmas list now and just get used to it on the bike! It's got some cool features and some quirks to get used to.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 126 Posts