Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
It seems to match better but not completely identical. My multimeter was reading 13.04 and MXK10 was reading 13.00... I guess that's close enough--definitely better than with the previous firmware.

Here's another question, when I go into Bike Management page, I try to switch between maps L/M/F and when I press select, it doesn't go up or down sequentially. Rather, it jumps over one or sometimes two ahead. Do you mind trying on your end and see how it looks for you?

Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
It seems to match better but not completely identical. My multimeter was reading 13.04 and MXK10 was reading 13.00...

Thanks
Well yours is more advanced than mine. Mine only shows ONE decimal point on the display!
:surprise:

I'll check the MAP thing later today.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
Mine is the same...Pushing the button once, it jumps all over the place. Just keep pushing until you see the one you want.

I heard back from AIM, and there may be another FW update next week to fix this.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Mine is the same...Pushing the button once, it jumps all over the place. Just keep pushing until you see the one you want.

I heard back from AIM, and there may be another FW update next week to fix this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEiJCaTiddw&feature=youtu.be
Nice, yea... I also reported it to Aim and they said they would pass it along. Sounds like they're on it. Another thing I didn't like is the KIBS (ABS) setting under bike management, I can't turn it off. It shows that its ON on the main dash while riding while I don't even have KIBS because I'm running KIT ECU. I included it with my feedback on the earlier issue. My suggestion was to disable the KIBS icon completely if KIT ecu is present. Or be able to turn it off if that's even possible. I'd probably want them to turn off the Echo Mode icon too for race applications.

Other than that, I raced with it this past weekend and it was a bit of an adjustment since I'm not used to things being in different places and I would actually prefer the screen to be a bit bigger. The MAP and traction control setting numbers are kind of small. Definitely not going to try to look at them while riding. Maybe that's another suggestion for AIM.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
If you go in to the AIM software, now the WEB version showing is the older version, so they must have pulled the last update back.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,537 Posts
Some more questions regarding the KRT kit race ECU n stuff...

Can you taylor/adjust Traction control like Via gear? meaning cut TC off in gears like 5th and 6th?
Do anyone know if FCTune can do that? woolich dont touch TC on the gen 5... that is the main reason for me going to the KRT equiptment and the TFT dash to allow you to display items you want to change on the fly.

Lastly.... do the KRT harness work with the ABS bikes? and do it have adjustments? I never used ABS on the track but curious if they allow adjustments or anything.

·
Registered
670 Posts

Can you taylor/adjust Traction control like Via gear? meaning cut TC off in gears like 5th and 6th?
Do anyone know if FCTune can do that? woolich dont touch TC on the gen 5... that is the main reason for me going to the KRT equiptment and the TFT dash to allow you to display items you want to change on the fly.

Lastly.... do the KRT harness work with the ABS bikes? and do it have adjustments? I never used ABS on the track but curious if they allow adjustments or anything.
You cannot fine-tune TC with any software (probably not even with Motec).

The KRT harness does not use ABS. You can still have the equipment hooked up but the harness nor the Race ECU accommodate ABS. I'm pretty sure no production level bike has adjustable ABS not even the technologically gifted R1M and M-series S1000RR...

·
Registered
791 Posts

iIn KIT ECU Software, you can play a ton with TC settings but you cannot do it per gear. However, you CAN do it per MAP, which there are 3 slots for. You cannot change MAP on the fly but it's pretty quick while you're not moving. Once you put in the TC settings in, you can change them on the fly--as there are 5 "slots" to choose from. Unlike stock ECU, they don't come as progressive from lower to higher... it's something you have to define in how you'd like it to be.

If you install kit harness/ecu--the ABS stuff is automatically rendered disabled--so may as well just remove it all. There is no ABS for racing, period and so there are no ABS controls in KIT ECU software.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
AIM sent me an advanced copy of the next release, just not sure I want to be the Guinea Pig :grin2:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I don't see why it would be a problem since you can always downgrade back to the previous version if the "beta-test" version is problematic--but I doubt it will be. Did they give you a list of changes for this version?
No list of changes...if I have time later today, I can load it up.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,537 Posts
You cannot fine-tune TC with any software (probably not even with Motec).

The KRT harness does not use ABS. You can still have the equipment hooked up but the harness nor the Race ECU accommodate ABS. I'm pretty sure no production level bike has adjustable ABS not even the technologically gifted R1M and M-series S1000RR...
Bazzaz allows you to create an "Over all" TV map, and a map per Gear selection. I create maps for Gears 2, 3 and 4 all based on my favorite tracks and I disable (Set to 0) in gears 1, 5 and 6.

This is what I was waiting for in woolich, but they do not do TC adjustments, Motec do allow the same range of adjustment for TC. I just do not know many who have the KRT kit, and the ones that I do know that have it know zero about it...they dont touch it... That is why I wanted to ask here.

iIn KIT ECU Software, you can play a ton with TC settings but you cannot do it per gear. However, you CAN do it per MAP, which there are 3 slots for. You cannot change MAP on the fly but it's pretty quick while you're not moving. Once you put in the TC settings in, you can change them on the fly--as there are 5 "slots" to choose from. Unlike stock ECU, they don't come as progressive from lower to higher... it's something you have to define in how you'd like it to be.

If you install kit harness/ecu--the ABS stuff is automatically rendered disabled--so may as well just remove it all. There is no ABS for racing, period and so there are no ABS controls in KIT ECU software.
Ok hmmmm I am kind of surprised they do not allow tuning per gear....
The way bazzaz TC works you can select a gear....and adjust how much or less TC cut in based on Throttle positions (0% to 100%) and RPM range 3000 RPM to 14,000 RPM
With each gear you can completely change the two inputs RPM and TPS.... then you can have an over all map adjustment with the tuning switch that you can add or subtract TC 500 RPMs at t time for a total of +2500 and -2500 RPM of wheel spin.

I can mange if they do not allow it via gear.... I mainly want it to cut off in 5th and 6th gear when you are going down the straights.

Yeah if it do not react with he ABS ill just snatch it all out.
Some of the guys I race with on Gen 2 BMWs (2015+) Race with the ABS on and say how much they can adjust it and other things and how its smooth and good....

I just wanted to make sure when I buy the race kit it will do what I want....if not id just do woolich on it.

Thanks much for the replies guys....
I just got part list quote on the three main items.

ECU $800
Programming cable $490
Harness $490

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,537 Posts
bazzaz has this feature, and I have used it, very primitive....
That is why I am shocked if the KTR kit do not have it at least....unless some kind of way they are saying each gear has a map...if that is the case you can do the same thing bazzaz do.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I suppose that with the IMU and all that fancy algorithm you would not need to dial that.....

since the bike calculates all that and takes it into account

81 - 100 of 126 Posts