Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
261 - 280 of 296 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Hi, I just has two complain about the dash.
1.is there any way that it boots faster? like the 2021 stock dash?
i mean the aim takes much much longer time to display home screen no matter what image i choose

2. The next one is the display size of speed.. It is too small compare to any other LCD or even stock dash. I even tried road and track mode, and analog -digital vise versa
it should be bigger so it would be much easier too see.
None of those things are configurable in the software. The boot-up time is not a setting, that has to do with the hardware and how it gets set up. If you are only referencing the delay time it shows the splash screen image, that has nothing to do with the actual boot-up of the processor and software. And that's not something you can currently change either.

The speed display sizing is personal. The size currently is fine for me. The gear value is the priority. Who cares what the speed value is when you're on a track? That's what this dash was intended for with all the datalogging features.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,120 Posts
None of those things are configurable in the software. The boot-up time is not a setting, that has to do with the hardware and how it gets set up. If you are only referencing the delay time it shows the splash screen image, that has nothing to do with the actual boot-up of the processor and software. And that's not something you can currently change either.

The speed display sizing is personal. The size currently is fine for me. The gear value is the priority. Who cares what the speed value is when you're on a track? That's what this dash was intended for with all the datalogging features.
I think he is unhappy because he wanted it to make his dash like the 21 ya know...the aim takes longer to boot and like you said is very track focused but he wants it for the street.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Aha.... intended for race track use ❔
I didn't even know you needed turn signal and high beam status lights on the race track.... 🙄
View attachment 447734
Yes, INTENDED and FOCUSED for track use which is why it has all that datalogging and track map layouts on it. It SUPPORTS use on the street with the speed, turn signal, and highbeam indicators though. Along with the fuel readings. It can also switch between track and street displays, but that doesn't mean you can customize anything on a whim.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It SUPPORTS use on the street with the speed, turn signal, and highbeam indicators though.
I disagree... it is intended to be used on street. Race use is only an "integrated feature".
Please refere to aimtechnologies.com:
"Aim MXK10 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R Plug & Play Road Legal Replacement Dash Display"
No word about "intended for race use" or "designed for race use".

I personally would not recommend the MXK10 for race track use. ;)

·
Registered
ZX10RR
396 Posts
If I was track user id prefer the oem one over the aim, can see the revs much better. The track logging is nice and fancy but clearly isnt the main thing of the aim and its not why people buy it heh.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
I disagree... it is intended to be used on street. Race use is only an "integrated feature".
"Aim MXK10 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R Plug & Play Road Legal Replacement Dash Display"

OK. That's fine. I just have a different perspective.

"Road Legal Replacement Dash Display" is a marketing term used to sell the product to more people. Track riders are only a small part of the buyers market. If they can sell the product to street riders, then they make more money with it. A "road legal display" doesn't mean anything to me. I could take the whole dash completely off the bike, throw it in the trashcan, and it would still be road legal with nothing there to look at. Maybe that means more in other parts of the world, but it is really meaningless overall. It's just a good slogan though to sell the part, since it CAN be used on the street and meets any applicable laws! It's just like the ZX-10R overall. It's a track bike that you can ride on the street because it has lights, mirrors, and reflectors! Sort of the same thing here. ;):cool:

I agree with you other claim about it for track use, outside of the datalogging feature! From a track perspective, track riders will not even be looking at it, it's harder to see especially in direct sunlight, and it's expensive to replace if damaged in a crash. The fact that it has a quick option for switching to a track display easily is the other nice thing. Outside of those, it's just a fancier dash. :geek:

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,756 Posts
Hi, I just has two complain about the dash.
1.is there any way that it boots faster? like the 2021 stock dash?
i mean the aim takes much much longer time to display home screen no matter what image i choose

2. The next one is the display size of speed.. It is too small compare to any other LCD or even stock dash. I even tried road and track mode, and analog -digital vise versa
it should be bigger so it would be much easier too see.
I think they make these as the cheap entry level dash...and not giving you a FULL set of options and things...

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,756 Posts

the only catch is AIM produce 99% dash for race application primarily and make a few with Dual use. Its electronics...it cost nothing to add. To be honest again...90% of the people buy the kawasaki AIM dash use it on track. Most street only guys are NOT paying $1100 for a TFT dash. If they inteded it for Street use primary they could produce it cheaper by eliminating the GPS feature that is integrated to the Tracks used on the entire planet lol.
95% of the features are used for track use...data logger plug in.
In my logic...if only roughly 5 items are focused on street use (Turn signals etc) and 50 items used for track....from a company that make and focus on track use dashes.
Anyway.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,756 Posts
Im sure they could sell this for about $799 if they eliminated a lot of the track features. GPS, memory/RAM for track and GPS coordination's, Data Logger plug material/hardwear.

They could make a street only for $799 and a street and track aka the one we have now for the current msrp $1100. If they truely wanted to make a street focused dash...that would have more sales than the current AIM. A gaggle of ZX10R track/Racers have the AIM dash. I love mines. I have 2 of them.

Reactions: Comi

·
Registered
ZX10RR
396 Posts
Im sure they could sell this for about $799 if they eliminated a lot of the track features. GPS, memory/RAM for track and GPS coordination's, Data Logger plug material/hardwear.

They could make a street only for $799 and a street and track aka the one we have now for the current msrp $1100. If they truely wanted to make a street focused dash...that would have more sales than the current AIM. A gaggle of ZX10R track/Racers have the AIM dash. I love mines. I have 2 of them.
This is actually a great idea for AIM, wish they'd do this !!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just picked up and installed one of these on my 17RR, and a couple of issues/questions:

Mine came with the gps09 unit instead of the gps08. Seems to be fairly similar, however the bolts to install are too long, one of them will need to be trimmed by about 1/4” to be able to install the gps unit on the triple clamp unless you remove the whole triple clamp. My dash came installed with software 2.28.26. Definitely does not worth with the gps09 unit, supposedly the latest fw fixes this, we shall see tomorrow.

For modules: the bike as abs, but I don’t have the race kit abs module installed. I assume I leave kibs module as uninstalled then, and my abs will still work, despite the dash saying “r off” under the abs settings tab? The Home Screen of the dash has KIBS as on, however the abs light is not on when I first turn on the bike. Whereas with the stock dash of course that light is on, and once you get moving it turns off.

The dash is also not keeping time/date for me. Every time the key is cycled it resets to 12am 11/30/2017. Anyone else had this issue?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Just picked up and installed one of these on my 17RR, and a couple of issues/questions:

Mine came with the gps09 unit instead of the gps08. Seems to be fairly similar, however the bolts to install are too long, one of them will need to be trimmed by about 1/4” to be able to install the gps unit on the triple clamp unless you remove the whole triple clamp. My dash came installed with software 2.28.26. Definitely does not worth with the gps09 unit, supposedly the latest fw fixes this, we shall see tomorrow.

For modules: the bike as abs, but I don’t have the race kit abs module installed. I assume I leave kibs module as uninstalled then, and my abs will still work, despite the dash saying “r off” under the abs settings tab? The Home Screen of the dash has KIBS as on, however the abs light is not on when I first turn on the bike. Whereas with the stock dash of course that light is on, and once you get moving it turns off.

The dash is also not keeping time/date for me. Every time the key is cycled it resets to 12am 11/30/2017. Anyone else had this issue?
You probably shouldn't worry about anything until you update to the latest firmware for it.

The KIBS indication is there on all of them. It will show the status as OFF unless you have the race kit stuff. It's only there if you can communicate and turn it on/off, which you can't with the stock one. It's from the ECU and should work just fine, but you can't control it that way.

As for the date/time, that should be retained if the power to it is valid. The power is always there from the battery for memory retention and the unit is switched on/off from a separate power input. There are 2 inputs for the power. It may have more to do with the GPS antenna not being hooked up as that should be used for correction of everything once the signal is received from it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You probably shouldn't worry about anything until you update to the latest firmware for it.

The KIBS indication is there on all of them. It will show the status as OFF unless you have the race kit stuff. It's only there if you can communicate and turn it on/off, which you can't with the stock one. It's from the ECU and should work just fine, but you can't control it that way.

As for the date/time, that should be retained if the power to it is valid. The power is always there from the battery for memory retention and the unit is switched on/off from a separate power input. There are 2 inputs for the power. It may have more to do with the GPS antenna not being hooked up as that should be used for correction of everything once the signal is received from it.
Updated to the latest firmware, 2.28.36. Gps is working good it seems now, however I have a reoccurring check engine light, woolich diagnostics showing a pc001, which is not in the service manual anywhere. Haven’t checked aims website yet though. Still not keeping the time/date.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Updated to the latest firmware, 2.28.36. Gps is working good it seems now, however I have a reoccurring check engine light, woolich diagnostics showing a pc001, which is not in the service manual anywhere. Haven’t checked aims website yet though. Still not keeping the time/date.
I've seen that error code on mine occasionally as well. It's not consistent and I thought I saw something about that being a "comm error". Can't remember where I say that. I just cleared it and moved on from it. I've seen it twice. I suspect it's related to the logbox being attached and registering some internal code that is ignored by the ECU. But it then alerts the MXK to see "something" active and displays the light.

It's interesting about the date and time. Is the unit new or used?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've seen that error code on mine occasionally as well. It's not consistent and I thought I saw something about that being a "comm error". Can't remember where I say that. I just cleared it and moved on from it. I've seen it twice. I suspect it's related to the logbox being attached and registering some internal code that is ignored by the ECU. But it then alerts the MXK to see "something" active and displays the light.

It's interesting about the date and time. Is the unit new or used?
Interesting, I’m actually wondering if it’s one of the emissions things that’s causing the light. If I remember correctly disabling the exhaust servo/pair valve etc in woolich doesn’t actually turn it off, it just keeps it from showing, and I wonder if that’s now throwing a hissy fit with the AIM. Hopefully we can get it figured out cause the CEL is gonna annoy the piss outta me being on all the time.

Allegedly new dash, I bought it straight from superbike unlimited. Still had the screen film dealio on the dash, but the bag of hardware was opened in my box.

ETA: just as some extra info, my error code pc001 comes back instantly after clearing codes. Running the full woolich log box kit, flashed ECU, your standard emissions removal deal, and a light weight aliant battery.

261 - 280 of 296 Posts