Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

201 - 220 of 258 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,680 Posts
For anyone running an AIM dash WITH ABS....the latest update doesnt work properly. Just be advised if you have issues (i was unable to turn ABS off) the older firmware worked better.
Or toss the ABS in the trash,
I think I mentioned that also....I have the dongle and the dash say ON....but its actually turned OFF in the rear....Not sure if the front is off or on...but no matter what I put in preferences....the dash say ABS ON.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes, thats the firmware issue I had. Log in to Race Tools and upload the old frmware.
You may have to call AIM and have them download it for you. Thats what I did.
Works correctly now for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day sirs,

I would like to ask after you installed AIM, does the rear turn signals work? Mine doesnt work but the front turn signals work and they blink pretty fast. Seems like it is shorted? Hope you guys can help me out on this. Thanks in advance😁

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
Good day sirs,

I would like to ask after you installed AIM, does the rear turn signals work? Mine doesnt work but the front turn signals work and they blink pretty fast. Seems like it is shorted? Hope you guys can help me out on this. Thanks in advance😁
Well, yes the blinkers work after install. The AIM has nothing to do with that. You screwed something up while installing it with how much you disassembled to do the job. The fast blink is the bulb indicator warning. It's normal when there's a reduced load on the circuit and doesn't indicate a short. Either you didn't plug them in correctly or you blew the bulbs. Go back over everything you've done to check it all out.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
This will be my next upgrade on my Gen 4. Do these work with the Kit wiring harness?
If the kit ECU works with the OEM instrument cluster then it will should with the MXK10. It is plug and play with that gauge.

Reactions: mte78

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,680 Posts
This will be my next upgrade on my Gen 4. Do these work with the Kit wiring harness?
Yeap it will work.
My Gen 5 race bike have KRT Kit harness and ECU, while my street bike is OEM harness and ECU will woolich flash.
Like posted....plug and play so it will work.

One of the best upgrades ive done....so clean...

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
942 Posts
Wow these dash’s really rejuvenate the look fo the 10r!

Has anyone bothered installing on on the Gen4 yet? I saw the manufacturers website lists a GEN4 model?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes they make a plug and play for the Gen 4 as well. Comes with different firmware, but same dash.
To me, its worth every penny.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,680 Posts
Wow these dash’s really rejuvenate the look fo the 10r!

Has anyone bothered installing on on the Gen4 yet? I saw the manufacturers website lists a GEN4 model?
My friend has a Gen 4 installed on his race bike. We both had them on order around the same time.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,680 Posts
SBU had it in stock...so i got it in 2 or 3 days max. They come out of italy so when they are in stock they move fast. The manufacture I heard do not fill the full order the shops ask for...like if they askl for 5 they may get 2. so its a top mover.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guys, I have also joined the club, I have my dash installed on my race bike, I have the race harness with the race ECU, all works so far and I have updated the firmware to the latest version.
I have some questions, for instance, in order to install extensions, like front, rear suspension potentiometers, you would seem to need just the channel expansion, and plug in the extensions there. But on some other parts of their website I found a schematic showing first a data hub, then a channel expansion, then the potentiometers and other channels.
Is it correct to understand that : you can connect the potentiometers to the channel expansion and then to the dash, thus skipping the data hub and only use it if you want more than 4 expansion channels?

Another interesting question is related to the analysis software, I am new at it, can someone guide me a bit on some good reads that will help me interpret the data better?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I wonder if You can use the dash as a draggy. And also if You can connect a afr with digital output like the woolich...

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
All of the accessories communicate through the single USB connection point on the back of the data logger. The GPS plugs into that port normally. If you want to add more sensors, then you need the hub to change the number of USB ports. The channel expansion module converts the pressure sensors into a USB serial stream. That should be able to plug straight in to the MXK10, but you still have the same problem - there's only 1 port. You need the hub to add more than 1 if you want to use the GPS antenna and anything else.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wonder if You can use the dash as a draggy. And also if You can connect a afr with digital output like the woolich...

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk
What is draggy ?

All of the accessories communicate through the single USB connection point on the back of the data logger. The GPS plugs into that port normally. If you want to add more sensors, then you need the hub to change the number of USB ports. The channel expansion module converts the pressure sensors into a USB serial stream. That should be able to plug straight in to the MXK10, but you still have the same problem - there's only 1 port. You need the hub to add more than 1 if you want to use the GPS antenna and anything else.
Got it! Thanks!
Do you maybe have some tips for analysis?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
Got it! Thanks!
Do you maybe have some tips for analysis?
That kinda depends on what you're looking to do for it. That's a really too broad of a question to answer directly. It's pretty straight-forward depending on what specifically you're looking to change. You monitor that value to see what it's doing in the areas you have some concerns/questions and then make a change to it and monitor the new value. If you're track riding, then making sure you're recording each session out there to get a baseline. From there, you analyze certain corners and areas you have issues with in order change things in those regions.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That kinda depends on what you're looking to do for it. That's a really too broad of a question to answer directly. It's pretty straight-forward depending on what specifically you're looking to change. You monitor that value to see what it's doing in the areas you have some concerns/questions and then make a change to it and monitor the new value. If you're track riding, then making sure you're recording each session out there to get a baseline. From there, you analyze certain corners and areas you have issues with in order change things in those regions.
Yes, you're right.
Meanwhile, I started watching AIM tutorials on their YouTube channel, playing with Race Analysis using the provided sample data, to learn how it works and how to read the graphs.
I am sure I will come back with more questions when I have a better understanding of the data.
For now, I am planning to install front and rear suspension potentiometers, and in spring start going on track and see what It will do to me.
Do you know if is possible to also install and configure some third party video camera, or we're bound to AIM Smarty Cam system? Maybe some convertor can be used from a third party camera to their system? The smarty cam is pretty expensive... that's why I am asking :)

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
942 Posts
If you can export the data logged data to CSV format you can create video overlays on ANY video using Dashware.

I’m have been playing with this myself, with data from Woolich Racing LogBox Pro, but I’m facing some issues like data and video synchronization. So your mileage may vary.

Rob

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
Yes, you're right.
Meanwhile, I started watching AIM tutorials on their YouTube channel, playing with Race Analysis using the provided sample data, to learn how it works and how to read the graphs.
I am sure I will come back with more questions when I have a better understanding of the data.
For now, I am planning to install front and rear suspension potentiometers, and in spring start going on track and see what It will do to me.
Do you know if is possible to also install and configure some third party video camera, or we're bound to AIM Smarty Cam system? Maybe some convertor can be used from a third party camera to their system? The smarty cam is pretty expensive... that's why I am asking :)
If you can export the data logged data to CSV format you can create video overlays on ANY video using Dashware.

I’m have been playing with this myself, with data from Woolich Racing LogBox Pro, but I’m facing some issues like data and video synchronization. So your mileage may vary.

Rob
The Smarty Cam is the only one I know of that integrates directly to it. Since it's tied into the AIM system, it gets triggered for recording when you start datalogging on the MXK10. The video overlays and syncs perfectly in the RaceStudio application that is used for analyzing. Because it's an integrated system, it's easy to use with a one-button operation like that. That's the only one I'm aware of. But that's not to say there aren't other ways.

Like Trebor mentioned, you should be able to use another camera like a GoPro. The problem with that is the external trigger to start recording and the tedious process of trying to line up the video with the data. That would have to be done more manually and probably outside the RaceStudio software. RaceStudio doesn't provide editing to clip video and line up the timestamps with the other data that's offloaded there. So, you'd likely need to use something else. So, you offload the data from the MXK10 into RaceStudio, export the data from there into a CSV type file, edit the video separately, import the trimmed video and RaceStudio export into Dashware (or similar), and then create the overlaid analysis video for you to look at. Cumbersome and time consuming, but it's a way to go. The advantage of the Smarty cam integration is the rewind, pause, stop, and review features of doing it all in RaceStudio. I think we're locked into that solution if you want it that useful.

201 - 220 of 258 Posts