Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,622 Posts
I have a quick question....How do you set/change the Shift Light/RPM ?
Also I am installing my new one on my street bike with stock ECU and woolich flash. I noticed that the KIBS aka ABS allows you to turn it off or on via settings / moduls, but no matter what you do it stays on on the prefference screen....both my ABS street bike and NON abs Race bike with KRT ecu. I also have the ABS dongle on the street bike so i can turn off rear ABS...

Any Insight?
I also wonder what Kawasaki had planed. The upper tripple comes with two predrilled holes under it that is used for the GPS on AIM dash....I wonder if Kaw had that in mind when developing. Its perfect location and size for the AIM.
Im reassembling right now and will post up after.
Installing this on stock body work is a royal pain in the ass....

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,633 Posts
I have a quick question....How do you set/change the Shift Light/RPM ?
Also I am installing my new one on my street bike with stock ECU and woolich flash. I noticed that the KIBS aka ABS allows you to turn it off or on via settings / moduls, but no matter what you do it stays on on the prefference screen....both my ABS street bike and NON abs Race bike with KRT ecu. I also have the ABS dongle on the street bike so i can turn off rear ABS...

Any Insight?
I also wonder what Kawasaki had planed. The upper tripple comes with two predrilled holes under it that is used for the GPS on AIM dash....I wonder if Kaw had that in mind when developing. Its perfect location and size for the AIM.
Im reassembling right now and will post up after.
Installing this on stock body work is a royal pain in the ass....
I'll respond tomorrow with the shift light settings. It's in one of the tabs on the left.

The holes under the triple are likely for attaching a tool for manufacturing. AIM just designed their stuff to use what's there.

I don't know about the other issues. Mine doesn't do that but I don't have the kit ECU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,633 Posts
The shift lights are under the "shift light" settings tab. Go to the Configuration options, select the unit connected or saved.

Select "Shift Lights and Alarms". Make your changes and then transmit it to the unit.

Reactions: jd41

·
Registered
2018 ZX10RR
49 Posts
I might get one of these sometime soon. The question I have is, anyone found a a better price than $1149 ?
Any foreseeable drop in price maybe?

thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,633 Posts
I might get one of these sometime soon. The question I have is, anyone found a a better price than $1149 ?
Any foreseeable drop in price maybe?

thanks
The only way to get one at a better price is to try and buy one secondhand.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts
The shift lights are under the "shift light" settings tab. Go to the Configuration options, select the unit connected or saved.

Select "Shift Lights and Alarms". Make your changes and then transmit it to the unit.

View attachment 445698
Ok,
Thanks. I should have look around more. I do not remember seeing shift-lights, but i do remember Alarms. My software look a little different.

I switched to the analog screens. They seems cleaner and info seems to be easier to find/glance at. The digital looks better, but seems too busy.

Dont mind the music.... I was up at 2am and had it going while working.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts
Ive been looking for that yeah, but no luck. Guess its hard for that to happen...
Only during Black Friday. I saw it about $1050 range at SBU. I heard the mark up is not much.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,633 Posts
Ok,
Thanks. I should have look around more. I do not remember seeing shift-lights, but i do remember Alarms. My software look a little different.

I switched to the analog screens. They seems cleaner and info seems to be easier to find/glance at. The digital looks better, but seems too busy.
In my image above, the version number is shown in the title bar. It's the latest version available at 3.32.12. Update yours to that level also and you should be good.

The units look nice together like that. I run mine in the digital version since it's easier for me to find stuff. I really only care about the tach and gear position the most. I like those at the top portion of the screen. And since the OEM cluster shows the LED tach bar like that my brain was more familiar with that layout and it was an easier transition for me. It's easy to switch and it nice we have that capability.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10RR
49 Posts
Only during Black Friday. I saw it about $1050 range at SBU. I heard the mark up is not much.
Well right now they already have a pretty good price, I think the cheapest arround. My idea was to get it arround the black friday dates anyway so I'll keep an eye on this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
if you order from SBU I would recommend asking them if they actually have it in stock first. When I first got my dash I ordered it through them. After 3 weeks with no order update, I contacted them and was told they were out of stock and on back order. I cancelled the order and ordered it from HHR Performance and had it 2 days later.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts
if you order from SBU I would recommend asking them if they actually have it in stock first. When I first got my dash I ordered it through them. After 3 weeks with no order update, I contacted them and was told they were out of stock and on back order. I cancelled the order and ordered it from HHR Performance and had it 2 days later.
I just got mines last thursday. The problem isn't them tho. They said they will order 5 (comes from italy) and get 2. AIM do have a HQ in Virginia I believe. But def email and ask if in stock. I did.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got mines last thursday. The problem isn't them tho. They said they will order 5 (comes from italy) and get 2. AIM do have a HQ in Virginia I believe. But def email and ask if in stock. I did.
Yeah I know it's not them, just some advise from my experience. It may look like they have it in stock on their website, but that doesn't mean they do. They definitely have the best price on it, I just wasn't willing to wait an undetermined amount of time when for $50 more I could get it from HHR in two days. I just placed another order through SBU last week and again I'm waiting for an order update now. HHR is just at the time of the game when it comes to getting your order out the door and with customer service.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts
Ah ok,
No matter who I order from (especially during this Covid stuff) I always email my parts list before ordering. I have stuff coming today from Dennis Kirk. I emailed before ordering.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10RR
49 Posts
Ah ok,
No matter who I order from (especially during this Covid stuff) I always email my parts list before ordering. I have stuff coming today from Dennis Kirk. I emailed before ordering.
Never did that but its totally a good idea considering the price of this toy!

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts
I've been hosed a few times in the past and order something that was out of stock and no clear restock date....while another store has it ready to ship. So I usually contact folks.

Reactions: NickSanto

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anyone interested in a dash, gonna b putting mine up for sale...has 800 miles on the odometer, excellent condition no scratches or anything. Parting out my aftermarket parts on a 2019. Pics can b seen on my Instagram. (Shinobi_10r)

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,622 Posts
Ive been looking for that yeah, but no luck. Guess its hard for that to happen...
Your Prayers have been answered....Post above.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10RR
49 Posts
Anyone interested in a dash, gonna b putting mine up for sale...has 800 miles on the odometer, excellent condition no scratches or anything. Parting out my aftermarket parts on a 2019. Pics can b seen on my Instagram. (Shinobi_10r)
Pm me the price if you have the box and everything. I have an address in the US for shipping but it has to look brand new so I can make a fake invoice to get it in my own country later.

·
Registered
730 Posts
For anyone running an AIM dash WITH ABS....the latest update doesnt work properly. Just be advised if you have issues (i was unable to turn ABS off) the older firmware worked better.
Or toss the ABS in the trash,

181 - 200 of 212 Posts