Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally got around to installing this. Everything went well until I tried to get the front cowl to drop forward. AIM missed a few bolt removals in their video. So I'll show them here.

Bolting the GPS mount is a real MF, as no room to turn them. I probably should have switched to allen head, and I will if I ever remove them for anything. You do not have to install the GPS, if you wont't use it for track.

It's hard to capture how clear the display is with your phone, but I'm real happy with that. So many features to explore. You can turn the Quickshift and Autoblip on and off independently of each other.

Once the GPS sync'd up it immediately found my track at Summit Point.

I do wish they would have let you change the ODO to match your bikes current ODO, and maybe they will in the future. I know there will be software updates to this.

This thing is built like a tank. It's heavier than the stock unit. All metal frame, and I think real glass on the display, not plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you adjust rpm led lights like stock .From how fast it blinks to changing stock red line to say 14.3k .

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you adjust rpm led lights like stock .From how fast it blinks to changing stock red line to say 14.3k .
If you are talking about the shift LED's across the top, no, and one of the biggest complaints, and hopefully addressed in a future firmware update. This thing is only a couple of months old, and this isn't some small company, so I'm confident they will fix this.

My luck...messed with this so much, went to start it a while ago, and the battery was to low to start it. My bad :| Probably time for a new battery, but the dealer close to me wants $185 for a Yuasa like's in it, and the other battery shops around do not have a match.:frown2:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If you are talking about the shift LED's across the top, no, and one of the biggest complaints, and hopefully addressed in a future firmware update. This thing is only a couple of months old, and this isn't some small company, so I'm confident they will fix this.

My luck...messed with this so much, went to start it a while ago, and the battery was to low to start it. My bad :| Probably time for a new battery, but the dealer close to me wants $185 for a Yuasa like's in it, and the other battery shops around do not have a match.:frown2:
see if they carry bikemaster very good quality and they last forever lol. i had 1 on my street bike for 3 years not 1 issue and i have 1 currently on the race bike also no problems at all

·
Registered
624 Posts
This is on my To Do list.

Any issues programming or setup or really turn-key?

Thanks for the video and pics. I have race bodywork so install will be much easier.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
It's PnP but there is a firmware update that we are all waiting on to fix some minor user interface issues.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Are there software/platform requirements?
PC vs MAc vs mobile, or all cloud based?

I don't own a PC, and currently have a shift light I cant program :{

D

·
Registered
337 Posts
u get your battery handled? I run a liFe battery. love it. it's around 200 bucks but it weighs nothing and has more cca as well as wh then the stock battery. been looking at this dash and another, just trying to decide which to go with.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Antigravity Batteries have a direct replacement. I run these in my race bike and they're awesome. Half way through second year on a 4 cell--zero issues and going strong. For street bike, there's a direct form factor replacement available. They're great guys in SoCal and their prices are great. Check them out.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
when the 2020 zx10R come out...im going to use my gen 5 as my new race bike and retire my gen 4.
This dash is on the hit list.

Anyone using this with the KRT factory race kit/harness/ECU?

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
when the 2020 zx10R come out...im going to use my gen 5 as my new race bike and retire my gen 4.
This dash is on the hit list.

Anyone using this with the KRT factory race kit/harness/ECU?
Yes

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
u get your battery handled? I run a liFe battery. love it. it's around 200 bucks but it weighs nothing and has more cca as well as wh then the stock battery. been looking at this dash and another, just trying to decide which to go with.
I replaced my stock with a Firepower Lithium. Box was so light, I thought it was empty :grin2:

·
Registered
337 Posts
right, the weight when going lithium makes the thing seen like it's a Fisher Price you and not an actual functioning battery. I have just done the shorei or whatever cycle gear carries cause if it does fail I can take it back to one of any local stores and get a new one free same day.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Antigravity Batteries have a direct replacement. I run these in my race bike and they're awesome. Half way through second year on a 4 cell--zero issues and going strong. For street bike, there's a direct form factor replacement available. They're great guys in SoCal and their prices are great. Check them out.
yeah I have a lithium, I am looking into an aftermarket gauge cluster/dash. something not so fucking dated and with more info

1 - 20 of 119 Posts