Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a startup screen I made for my AIM MXK10 dash.

You can use anything as long as it's 800x480 pixels.

Love the dash personally, it's great

Cheers

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,577 Posts
Looks pretty fancy. You should post up the actual image for anyone else to use. Just sayin'. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks better in real life.
The image is on my laptop and I have to go to work but I will chuck it on here if anyone wants it when I get home. I have a less "cluttered" Ninja ZX-10R I like as well

·
Registered
2018 ZX10RR
40 Posts
No doubt.

If I ever manage to buy one of these, my plan is to put just the RR logo showing, sorta minimalistic. Similar to my avatar

·
Registered
528 Posts
I assume you just plug in the USB port and download any image you want?

Very cool dash...just waiting on Cyber Monday.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,577 Posts
I assume you just plug in the USB port and download any image you want?

Very cool dash...just waiting on Cyber Monday.
The dash connects via WiFi. You need a USB adapter with a 3-pin cannon plug on the back of it to use USB that AIM sells. You have to take the dash out to do that each time you use it that way or leave the cable plugged in and secured somehow. Not convenient, so USB is not the way to do it. The USB is really for the expansion hub to add more sensors.

Reactions: mte78

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, very simple just connect to your AIM dash via it's WI-FI and transmit the image. Mine is a 2016 so just 1 R but it would be easy to make a RR version.
I assume it won't shrink the image on here but it should be 800x480 pixels.

KRT WSBK AIM 800x480 Startup screen.jpg
NINJA ZX-10R AIM 800x480 Startup screen.jpg

·
Registered
528 Posts
The dashboard is really that easy, just plug and play? No programming required?

If one has aftermarket triple clamps, does the GPS module have to mount in that specific location?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,577 Posts
The dashboard is really that easy, just plug and play? No programming required?

If one has aftermarket triple clamps, does the GPS module have to mount in that specific location?
There's no programming, it's just settings available. The GPS antenna can go anywhere within the 12in cable length that still has a good view of the sky. There's not many options for that. It would be better to drill and tap the triple clamp to mount it there. Otherwise, you'll just have to try and figure out where to put it with the cable.

Reactions: mte78

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is plug and play, watch the AIM installation video on Youtube anyone can fit it themselves. You can select GPS speedo as well for 320km/h or changing rear tyre size you don't need a speedo healer gadget. Plus it is not just a dash it does data logging and has the ability to add modules to it for sensors on the bike, alot more than I can explain!!!
I have Woolich Autotune as well and I have flashed the ECU with the dash with zero issues. Bloody expensive but it is worth it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you swap out the triple, you will most likely lose the mounting spot for the gps module. I'm running the Bonamici triple clamp, and it does have a single mount under the clamp, but you would have to make a custom bracket. What I did though was relocate the gps module under the right side fairing where the charcoal canister used to be. Haven't had any signal problems at all and now it's tucked away and not visual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts