Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted up the AIM XML dash onto a 06-07? I know they make plug and play for the 04-05 but I am curious how much different the 2 models are.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Has anyone fitted up the AIM XML dash onto a 06-07? I know they make plug and play for the 04-05 but I am curious how much different the 2 models are.
i was about to buy one for Blue Max, but priorities have shifted to the car for a while, the 04-05 kit is wired completely differnd for one, blue devil and a few others ahve swapped 06+ gauges onto their 04 they can probaly tell you exact differences. The AIM dash mounts with a custom Aluminum bracket the 04-05 bracket is going to be significantly different as well. But if you contact the right pepole and are handy with a soldering iron I am sure it can be done.

Of the digital sashes out ther the AIM is the best IMHO

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I don't see a plug&play connector neither for the 06 or 08 models.
I will send them an email asking.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I don't see a plug&play connector neither for the 06 or 08 models.
I will send them an email asking.
As far as I know there is not a 06-07 plug and play, the OP I think was wondering what it would take to rewire the 04-05 harness, again bluedevil can have a answer for you pretty quick, he went opisite of what the OP wants and installed a 06-07 cluster in his 04.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
As far as I know there is not a 06-07 plug and play, the OP I think was wondering what it would take to rewire the 04-05 harness, again bluedevil can have a answer for you pretty quick, he went opisite of what the OP wants and installed a 06-07 cluster in his 04.
yes...don't know the AIM but anything related to the F1 fault or any signal on that line will not be compatible. The second gen fault indicator is much more advanced....all other signals not related to the F1 indicator should be the same as the 1st Gen or possible to make it work on on 2nd Gen.... that is the only diff. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
yes...don't know the AIM but anything related to the F1 fault or any signal on that line will not be compatible. The second gen fault indicator is much more advanced....all other signals not related to the F1 indicator should be the same as the 1st Gen or possible to make it work on on 2nd Gen.... that is the only diff. :thumbsup:
forgot to add I run a Second gen Cluster on a 1st Gen..it needs a Speedohealer G4 equivalent and some wiring to power the speed sensor....other than that it works just not the F1 light warning. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Just got an email saying they won't do it for 06 or 08...

I don't know if it shows the FI codes on the 04, should try it sometime..
Next best choice for me isTranslogic. Do they make one for the 06-08?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts