Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back with team green. This time I traded my 1125r for an 04 zx10. Unfortunately it has no plastics(well it's missing lowers, sides and the ones on either side of the seat.), needs a fuel pump, bent right clip-on and levers, cracked frame and it'll need a new kick stand. It's been lowered(geez) so they chopped it off. I live in the Ozarks and curvy roads are what I love. So a slammed bike isn't for me. I guess I will have all winter to get her motor pulled and frame welded. But getting all the money together for a part here and there will start to add up after a while. I knew what I was getting into when I traded. But I just thought it would be cosmetic. The cracks were on the underside and it was dark. I scoped the whole deal over with a flashlight but I missed it. Just happy to be back with a kz.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm back with team green. This time I traded my 1125r for an 04 zx10. Unfortunately it has no plastics(well it's missing lowers, sides and the ones on either side of the seat.), needs a fuel pump, bent right clip-on and levers, cracked frame and it'll need a new kick stand. It's been lowered(geez) so they chopped it off. I live in the Ozarks and curvy roads are what I love. So a slammed bike isn't for me. I guess I will have all winter to get her motor pulled and frame welded. But getting all the money together for a part here and there will start to add up after a while. I knew what I was getting into when I traded. But I just thought it would be cosmetic. The cracks were on the underside and it was dark. I scoped the whole deal over with a flashlight but I missed it. Just happy to be back with a kz.
Welcome back...funny I came from a Buell as well.
had a 2009 1125r and after the 3rd stator in a summer I traded it for a gen 3 zx10r and never looked back.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fixed everything that was wrong wth buell. Excellent bike man. I didn't think the ninja needed this much work.But after getting it home I soon realized I may have made a mistake. But I drove all the way to Texas to get the ninja. There really was no going back.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyway, I'm going to need parts. I can't seem to find a right motor mount bracket on eBay. Also can't decide if I should get the cheap $30 fuel pump or a used oem off the shelf.?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts