Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, thank you for your time reading this. I just wanted to get an opinion from you guys since i have never had a Shoei or AGV helmet.

I am on a lookout for a new helmet this season and AGV and SHOEI caught my eye.

There are three helmets on my list:

1. Shoei RF 1200
2. Shoei X-TWELVE
2. AGV K-3 SV

Which one is better and why? :laugh2:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try them on and buy which ever fits your head best.

I tried buying the "best" several times (online) and it never worked out because there was always some kind of small issue with how the helmet fit my head.

Arai - Fits top of head great but the face covering my mouth does not stick far enough out. At high speeds it presses against my face.
Shoei - too wide
Bell - The old RS-1 was great but the new Stars are similar to how the Arai does my face although not quite as bad.
Scorpion - Good fit but its really a cheap helmet.

Spend a lot of time trying on helmets at the IMS this past weekend.

The perfect, and I mean PERFECT, fitment is a HJC RPHA 11 Pro. (for my headshape).

So I strongly recommend trying on everything before you buy it.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,098 Posts
I'm with TennisFreak. I would really spend some time trying them on if possible. I bought HJCs and Sharks both only to end up selling them because they made my head miserable. Bell and Suomy are the two I stick with. Everyone is different though so try em on if you can.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have the RF-1200 and it's awesome. Shield is easy to take on and off. It's quiet. Great visibility. I literally can't say a bad thing. And trust me I can complain with the best of them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Get the one that fits best. The x-12 is awesome, I just got one but they're getting older. You can get good deals out there. The rf1200 is a different fit. The AGV's are cool but they don't fit me.

Take your time and try them all on, then wait and go back and try them all again.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i have a nexx and its incredible, light and comfortable with a whole lot of peripheral view

·
Vendor
6,877 Posts
:popcorn:

A lot of good helmets out there to choose from and everyone has their own opinion (including me). What others have said about what feels good is part of the battle as everyone's head is a different shape/size. Feel free to get a hold of me should you have questions or just want to talk about options.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
I would first go to a few local shops and try them on, since each helmet (just like a shoe) fits differently, some oval, some more round, etc.

Once you find the size and the best fit, then buy it online.

My suggestion, DO NOT BUY CHEAP. Human heads are kinda expensive to fix and can't be replaced. So non of that $199 junk.

Reactions: Kllongbrake

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The three of them fits really good on my head. I am just wondering which one is 'better' in terms of features and technology i guess?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,733 Posts
Is that an X12?
Nope, it's the X-14 in the new for 2017 color scheme. Laverty TC-4

If it wasn't for the other graphics in it, it would be one sweet lid!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,733 Posts
Oh, and I'm pro-Shoei. :rockwoot:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm currently riding with a Shoei RF1200, and I absolutely love it.

I previously had an AGV Diesel Fulljack, which was based on the K3. I'm not sure what the differences between the standard k3 and the k3 sv are, but that's what my experience is with.

I had my Fulljack for 2 years, and it was my first helmet. I would not hesitate to purchase another one, as i went down back in july and it saved my pumpkin. I was very satisfied with it overall, however the quality of the RF1200 feels much better to me, and it's a much quieter helmet. My fulljack also lacked speaker pods (i normally ride with earbuds, but for some people that's a big issue, and the RF1200 has them).

My experience between the two is that the shoei is more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
I strongly recommend Arai, It feels and fits like a Mercedes

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts