Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying an aftermarket windscreen (double bubble) such as a Puig, Zero Gravity or any others that you may suggest. I find the 10R's screen to be on the low side for wind protection. I kind of miss the wind protection my 01 gix 750 provided so my question is-Do these double bubble windscreens actually help enough to warrant buying one of these or does the screen just deflect the air into a position that doesn't help or create ven more bothersome turbulence? I see Zero Gravity has a sport touring screen but I'm reluctant to buy that one because it might spoil the overall look of the bike and at around $85-$90 a pop plus shipping I really don't want to waste my money on one of these without first getting some feedback. The regular double bubbles look Ok so if you can provide some suggestions that would be great. Thanks

·
Administrator
6,691 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've got a Zero Gravity DB on my bike... It does help some, but it's by no means a night and day difference. I think it looks a little better than the stocker, too (dark smoke windshield, bike is Ti).

·
Registered
332 Posts
I installed the Puig double bubble in dark smoke, very niece piece, great lines, the dark smoke tint is just the right amount, it looks great on the BAD MO4.

One of my ZX10R buddies has a Zero Gravity double bubble in black. It has cool lines and fits right but it's too dark for me and their light smoke is too light.

One of my co-workers installed a Lockhart Speedscreen Double bubble in dark smoke on his ZX10R, JUNK! The windscreen is longer than the top of the fairing where the two meet, the tint isn’t dark enough and the lines aren't as cool as Puig's or Zero Gravity's.

It's a u-pick um deal... I pick Puig

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
puig DB dark smoke :+1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts