Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a search, but found nothing conclusive. where can i find tach signal for shift module? do i tap coils, or guage wires? also anyone know how accurate stk. shift light is. thanks. 04 zx10.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
standard shift light is more than likley off like the tach is 500-700rpm at redline.
you could opt for the plug and play unit from accumen, $55 harness and then the shiftlight they sell..
this would be the eaasy way, but if you looking to tap into anything then it would be the tach signal coming into the gauge, have done this on a 6r...

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
standard shift light is more than likley off like the tach is 500-700rpm at redline.
you could opt for the plug and play unit from accumen, $55 harness and then the shiftlight they sell..
this would be the eaasy way, but if you looking to tap into anything then it would be the tach signal coming into the gauge, have done this on a 6r...
:+1: and i've been wanting one of those accumen lights for a while....i thought they stopped making them? i WILL be looking into it now though.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
At what RPM on the Tach does the factory rev limiter kick in on an 04 10? I have the factory shift light set at 13,000 and yet I never bump the rev limiter when shifting. In fact, sometimes I actually wait a little time before shifting after seeing the shift light come on. My bike makes peak HP right at the rev limiter, so I want to shift as close to the rev limiter as possible. Thanks for the help. Mike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you have a PCIII and the Hub you can wire an LED to one of the 2 Hub 12V outputs and program it as a shift light.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just in my opinion, I've been through a bunch of shift lights and think the best ones are sequential shift like in rally cars and formula one.

Ishift from ecliptech looks nice. I haven't bought one yet, but probably will.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I use a Stewart-Warner Ultra shift light with digital tach on both bikes. One cost me $40, the other $70.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
signal?

already have a dynatek shift module and shift light, just asking for scource of tach signal. thanks.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
already have a dynatek shift module and shift light, just asking for scource of tach signal. thanks.
tach signal is at the connector of the Instrument Cluster(tach readings are not as accurate as picture below......tapping coils for tach signals is for real Guages like an Autometor ....this one required tapping at the coils but with a special harness and high powered diodes::wink:

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you have a PCIII and the Hub you can wire an LED to one of the 2 Hub 12V outputs and program it as a shift light.

:headshake nope i had trouble with this,the multi hub doesnt produce enough volts for it to work right,i could get mine to come on great sometimes and never the rest,you would have to wire it with a relay off the hub to get a constant 12v....imo i think the multi hub is a pos.you would think dynojet could make something a bit more tidy...it just looks like a pile of clown shit

·
Registered
69 Posts
:headshake nope i had trouble with this,the multi hub doesnt produce enough volts for it to work right,i could get mine to come on great sometimes and never the rest,you would have to wire it with a relay off the hub to get a constant 12v....imo i think the multi hub is a pos.you would think dynojet could make something a bit more tidy...it just looks like a pile of clown shit
Exactly, you will need to wire it to a relay, the hub is merely putting out a signal and it's not meant to power anything.

I had a hub on my turbo 250 and it was great, absolutely nothing bad to say about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts