Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had 320mm galfers on my 04. Thought about swapping them to the new bike but was going to leave the braking system alone after I changed the pads.

Fast forward to now and I swapped in a pair of 320mm braking SK rotors. Took the bike out to get the pads/rotors bedded in yesterday and went on a long ride today with some high speed braking. Seems like the bike stops way better than with the stock rotors. Two finger braking is what I was after and it seems like I use less pressure for the same amount of braking than with the stock rotors. Before today, I only felt ABS kick in at the track once. I felt it kick in twice today under heavy braking from roll on speeds. LOL

So its either the slots in the rotor which gives more biting/sweeping edges, different material, or thicker rotors??? :dontknow:

Anyone else swapped to aftermarket rotors and felt/feel a difference in braking with the same pads, lines, m/c?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I went to the BrakeTech iron rotors, and I did feel a complete change in the linearity, pressure, initial onset and fade resistance of the brakes, but I also changed out the calipers, lines, pads, and M/C so its impossible to say how much of that is due to the rotors :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Agreed with the brake tech rotors. The rotor material has a higher coefficient of friction, so it makes sense it would change the feel of the braking action. I'm using their 330mm rotors on my racebike as well as the ferodo zrac pads. The bite is VICIOUS! I love the initial hit of the pads mated to those rotors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts