Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I bought a pair of Sato rear sets off a fellow member installed them, and they work great, much better than stock love them! however I have a bit of a problem, how do i attach the factory rear brake light to my new rear sets? I was going to try and zip tie it to the rear set and then try and attach some sort of metal bracket to the brake lever... I don’t know.. heres a picture of what I’m talking about what have you all done to solve this problem? I need to pass inspection!!!!

any help would be great!

thanks

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
I just cut the sensor off on all my bikes lol, maybe not such a good ideal if your riding around on the streets etc. I would say fab out a small bracket and attach it down by the brake pedal and call it a day...

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,084 Posts
I have Sato rearsets and do not have a rear brake switch. Since I primarily use the front brake or both, the front brake lever/switch takes care of the brake light.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I leave the back one disconnected in case i have to slow down when a po po passes by.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
Right what if you were going 150mph+ and said I only use my rear brake so the po po doesnt see me!! Doesn't add up cause I could see you locking up your rear brake and doing some free back flips lol. And also I will state why even run from a leo in the first place cause you will never beat the radio in the end. Karma's a bitch and I have already experience the hand cuff side of things lol

·
Registered
411 Posts
Right what if you were going 150mph+ and said I only use my rear brake so the po po doesnt see me!! Doesn't add up cause I could see you locking up your rear brake and doing some free back flips lol. And also I will state why even run from a leo in the first place cause you will never beat the radio in the end. Karma's a bitch and I have already experience the hand cuff side of things lol
my brother always says if ur over 40 when u c a cop, just don't stop.

in auZXie land over here... it's instant loss of license if you are caught 40k's ova the speed limit. :eyecrazy:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,914 Posts
no need to cut. The connector is just under the seat. Save it for when returned to stock. ..mine is removed also. I never use the rear w/o the front. ...unless I just had an off road excursion... ...and then it doesn't matter much anyway! :helmet:

I've had issue with with the pressure type switches. I want my brakes to be consistant and predictable, no mushy feel. Plus it seemed there had to be heavy pressure on the rear to get it to light. I never use that much rear pressure so it was worthless. imho

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
not a bad idea... problem is if they're side-mounted radar they already got u.

2bhonest most times when i gotta slow down cos i spot the fuzz, it's in more of a rush than what just the rear brake can handle :helmet: :wink:
The idea is to scrub off speed without lighting up the brake light.:wink: get it?:idea:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
wow, post of the year lol, when a po po passes by!!
I think your boys over at the honda forum are missing you. They said they miss their little squid works.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the reply guys, i think im going to try and get an inspection on saturday morning and if it passes cool, if not ill try and figure out this whole rear brake thing with a bracket and some zip ties or something

·
Registered
764 Posts
When I got my Attack rearsets, I decided to keep the brake light triggering from the rear brake functional. I ended up using an inline pressure switch which over the 5 years of having this setup hasn't caused any problems. The brake light triggers with slight pressure on the brake lever and the brake lever has never exhibited any mushiness.

What I did to install the inline pressure switch was to cut off the stock connector off of the stock brake switch. I crimped some connectors on both ends. Here are some pictures of the setup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that is an outstanding idea! do you think you could go in to a bit more detail on how you you did this? where and what kind of pressure switch should i buy?

thanks man exactly what im looking for!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Make sure you get the right one. I believe the thread pitch is 1.25 but double check.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.