Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke to GP Composites and they said that the mold was done and the part would be finished (if all goes well), by friday. They are offering the part in fiberglass but I am sure they will work with you if you want something else.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have broke one and the previous owner broke one. I only had the bike for 3 weeks when it broke and I do not stunt the bike. Where the part bolts into the head of the frame the two top bolts on either side tore out. I have heard of many people having similar problems and I have heard recently that kawasaki made a new part with thicker walls in that area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
New Kawasaki Ram Air Tube

I got this part installed last week under warranty from the dealer. They said it was "redesigned" and specifically asked permission to install it, but I don't see any differences. I was not able to hold the old and new side by side though.

Let me know if you see any differences from the normal stock part.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
There are no differences between the '04 and '05 part numbers.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Nuggy00 said:
Let me know if you see any differences from the normal stock part.
hmmm... let me run out to the garage real quick and remove mine and compare to those pictures.....

...2 hours later...

nope, no differences. sorry.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I called kawasaki and asked them if they were redesigning the part they said there was no plans to but then I read I believe on this forum that someone had got a kawasaki part that had thicker walls. The one I am getting is a custom unit because I didn't feel like dealing with the replacement stock part and having it break again.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
hmmmm interesting.....hope mine don't break...that looks like a bitch to replace

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,629 Posts
MAVRIK said:
hmmmm interesting.....hope mine don't break...that looks like a bitch to replace
Oh its not that bad....you only have to tear down the intire front end :badteeth: ... lol

my track 10's front end is only held on by one out of four bolts lol lol ill do something when the race plastics get here!!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
where the hell have you been von? What happen when this bracket breaks?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey i got the same problem breaking the same part, and i've done it twice now. Just curious...did you ever find a solution to keep yours from breaking again?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
my apologies i guess someone here has the same problem :redface:

BD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts