Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
aftermarket pegs HELP

does anyone know of any off the shelf type peg that will fit the zx-10? I walked by my bike and bumped the peg with my shin, the peg snapped right off. I couldn't believe it. It didn't even hurt my shin?? cheap a$$ parts.
I am going to get some rearsets in the future but I'm tapped out for right now and just need some pegs to get me on the road.
TIA

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
majtii said:
Protek.
Was a thread about it not long ago.
yea I searched but didn't come up with much.
anyone else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Damn that sux
I think I saw you last night coming off Riverside onto Cleveland. I was on my way to work. Someone on 31 musta had a heart attack or something in their car all kinds of cops and ambulances were showing up just as I was passing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Floyd said:
Damn that sux
I think I saw you last night coming off Riverside onto Cleveland. I was on my way to work. Someone on 31 musta had a heart attack or something in their car all kinds of cops and ambulances were showing up just as I was passing.
yep that was me. The peg broke after I came home last night.

yea I thought all the commotion was a little weird. I drove towards the mall and I seen three more cops and a fire truck down the road a little further..
busy night for those guys I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,537 Posts
damn brut quit rubbin up against it. :badteeth:

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,311 Posts
busa, I'd wait for a little bit. Protek will run you $60 or more with shipping. Phil bought my woodcraft rear sets and didn't like the pedals so he then bought some sato's...I'm sure the woodcrafts will be back on the selling block soon. You can PM him, his handle is circusnuts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
I can lend you the parts, if you return them when you purchase some sort of replacement.

I have a set of Sato's coming from Slava this week and will be installing them over the weekend. :rockwoot:

Thanks
Phil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
circusnuts said:
I can lend you the parts, if you return them when you purchase some sort of replacement.

I have a set of Sato's coming from Slava this week and will be installing them over the weekend. :rockwoot:

Thanks
Phil

I sent you a PM Phil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok the dealer just called and said that he had one coming. On a whim I asked him if it was possible to take one off of a showroom bike and he said that was cool...the kicker is I didn't even buy my bike from there..they just earned my business... :eek:ccasion1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
busaforhire said:
ok the dealer just called and said that he had one coming. On a whim I asked him if it was possible to take one off of a showroom bike and he said that was cool...the kicker is I didn't even buy my bike from there..they just earned my business... :eek:ccasion1
sweet!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,228 Posts
That dealer would get my business too if he did that for me. Good to hear you have a quick fix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,620 Posts
I guess I'de better replace mine beofe they break.. I'm a big man and I'de hate to have one break while I was standing up adjusting the junk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,869 Posts
being honest that has really been going thru my head lately....i remember hearing about the braking of pegs on the R1's when I had one of those...but have heard about this quite a bit on the kawi's. I'm not worried when pulling hard or when the front end is up but when in a corner and hanging off or stretching out. I would like to get some rear sets but they are big cake and people have had issues with those....just replacement pegs would be nice but most are just round pegs and look kind cheap....any ideas, prices, costs......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
I tried to get these on order today, the Vortex ones were on backorder, no definate date yet (but price is $55.00 per pair). The LP pegs are also backordered, expected to ship by early-mid September (no price at this time).

Ed
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top