Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket passenger seat for the 04/05 10r that is more like the 03/04 636 in shape so that the passenger doesn't fall down on the rider every time the brakes are touched??

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Have your passenger put her hands on the tank, get a new passenger, velro jeans and seat, or go solo.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right... hands on tank--tried that, but she's 5'9" so it's a little different than most passengers. This works okay on my 636, but not well on the 10r. New passenger--nah, I kinda like this one. Velco jeans and seat--just a bit impractical. Go solo--I do that a lot too, but obviously this applies to the times when I want her on the back.

But seriously, there are no improved passenger seats? I was thinking I could probably shave this one down in the middle and add a little hump to the front like the 636 and then reupholster it... opinions?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
right... hands on tank--tried that, but she's 5'9" so it's a little different than most passengers. This works okay on my 636, but not well on the 10r. New passenger--nah, I kinda like this one. Velco jeans and seat--just a bit impractical. Go solo--I do that a lot too, but obviously this applies to the times when I want her on the back.

But seriously, there are no improved passenger seats? I was thinking I could probably shave this one down in the middle and add a little hump to the front like the 636 and then reupholster it... opinions?
That's probly the best route, you can pretty much do anything you want with the pan, foam, and covering of your choice. In all the time I've been here, this is the first request I've seen like this. You might look on ebay for a gel pad, remove all the foam except a few inches up front, install the thinner gel pad directly to the pan, maybe add a little more mtrl up front of the gel pad, and recover?? Good luck man. They also used to make backpack like starps with handles, google that if all else fails.

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts

funny you mention this,i 'm gonna keep my passenger too and had the same problem , when i hit the brakes its crunch time so together we made a spare seat that fits between that space behind me and the rear seat, im trying to turn it into a mini cooler for two cans of beverage.i covered the back area of the bike with plastic wrap and shot exspandable foam to the area(cover the bike well with plastic)waited for it to get hard then shaped it,covered it with balck vynyl(i sew):spit:, yea yea,and made it to tie under rear seat so it wouldnt slide around. it works pretty good actually.she still holds on but she doesnt have to arch her back as much(5'0=110lbs).im foolin around with a new version , the first one we made in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I've looked forever for one, don't think there is any out there. Your best bet is to get it reupholstered I think. Mine is 5'3" and cant hold on to the tank well because of my size, so she just hangs on and pushes on me when going and stopping. I got used to it.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
grip tape.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
funny you mention this,i 'm gonna keep my passenger too and had the same problem , when i hit the brakes its crunch time so together we made a spare seat that fits between that space behind me and the rear seat, im trying to turn it into a mini cooler for two cans of beverage.i covered the back area of the bike with plastic wrap and shot exspandable foam to the area(cover the bike well with plastic)waited for it to get hard then shaped it,covered it with balck vynyl(i sew):spit:, yea yea,and made it to tie under rear seat so it wouldnt slide around. it works pretty good actually.she still holds on but she doesnt have to arch her back as much(5'0=110lbs).im foolin around with a new version , the first one we made in a hurry.
great idea... pics?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts