Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike at the beginning of June. It has a Hindle pipe on it, but now I'm not so sure that it's just a slip-on. I've been having a slight problem with my bike so I started looking into it. I now know that I have a K&N filter, and the header looks to be aftermarket also. Is there any way to tell if it is in fact a stocker or aftermarket? Also I didn't see a PC on there anywhere. So another question I have if it is in fact a full system with a K&N and there is no PC will that cause problems? What about a slip-on with K&N? I just got my 10 and I want to take care of it as best I can. A little help will be greatly appreciated. :dontknow:

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Well, given that you have a Titanium bike, and that was 2005 only, I'm going to guess that it is a 2005 model that we are talking about here.

Take a look at the exhaust system in the vicinity of just below the right footpeg. Is there what appears to be a little cable-actuated gizmo (butterfly valve) at roughly that location? The bump in the casting (or whatever it is) for the butterfly to pivot in, is quite prominent at that location as it faces directly outward. If so, that's a stock header. The aftermarket headers don't have that.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does have that valve. I didn't know if there were any aftermaket systems that retained that valve.

·
Registered
774 Posts
a free flowing exhaust w/o a tune can cause it to run lean. I had a busa, insalled a tsukigi , it was running lean till i had a bazzaz and tune.
another busa, had a yoshi with a pc3. the pc3 took a crap on me, bike ran the same.
hindle flows great, that's why a lotta drag racers use them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts