Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a pair of Woodcraft 50mm three piece clipons (w/o raisers) and tried to install them.

Everything went OK except when I tried to finally adjust positions of levers/etc & tighten everything.

Issues that I have:

1) clutch cable hits clock

2) relocating the clutch cable almost solves the issue #1, but now the nut for adjusting hits the clock and it's impossible to fully turn handlebars to the left since the length of the clutch cable isn't enough

3) brake M/C hits the clock. Adjusting position doesn't solve the issue (it then hits the fairing stay bracket).

WTF? How are you supposed to install aftermarket clipons on that bike? Cutting the last 10° of steering? That way the bike will be unrideable on parking lots/etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had to switch to the stock clip-ons back cause with woodcraft clip-ons I can't safely turn my bike. And I was too lazy to take pics of that mess.

Probably on the next weekend I'll try to install them again and take pics.

But anyway I was going to hear success stories of installing aftermarket clip-ons with stock cluster & front fairing bracket. Anyone?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Ill buy em for he track bike when ever you give up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't know if this will help your situation but Motion Pro makes custom clutch cables. I bought some Apex adjustable riser bars and had the "too short" cable issue. I haven't put it on yet, but it should give me the necessary room to turn the bars as far as needed.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well my guess is you have the handlebars too far foward. When you are at full lock how far is the handlebar from the tank?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
take some pictures and post them. it will help a little and get you an answer quicker

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Well, I already got my answers - no one has installed those clip ons and they do interfere with stock bodywork.
do you like them? was wondering about these myself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts