Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest to improve the braking after getting SS line and changing the brake fluid for RBF600 I improved the hydrolic force to the pads and got better braking but the nice brake bite and feel I used to have on my ZZR1200 is still not there.

I don't have any experience with aftermarket pads... I've read a lot about EBC HH sintered pads or Vesrah RJL... but before I put does on I have a few questions for those of you who used them with stock rotor.

Do these pads wear the rotor faster then with stock brake pads? Or do they heat them up to high?

Do they work well in normal street condition i.e mild street braking? I'm sure they work well on track days...but I still want brake when off the track or not doing aggresive street riding.

What about rain condition do they work well when wet?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
In my quest to improve the braking after getting SS line and changing the brake fluid for RBF600 I improved the hydrolic force to the pads and got better braking but the nice brake bite and feel I used to have on my ZZR1200 is still not there.

I don't have any experience with aftermarket pads... I've read a lot about EBC HH sintered pads or Vesrah RJL... but before I put does on I have a few questions for those of you who used them with stock rotor.

Do these pads wear the rotor faster then with stock brake pads? Or do they heat them up to high?

Do they work well in normal street condition i.e mild street braking? I'm sure they work well on track days...but I still want brake when off the track or not doing aggresive street riding.

What about rain condition do they work well when wet?

Thanks for your help
I installed RJL's and used them for both street & track with success but didn't keep the pumkin long enough to say about rotor wear and i don't care for inclement weather so rain riding is out for me.

BD

·
Registered
474 Posts
I installed RJL's and used them for both street & track with success but didn't keep the pumkin long enough to say about rotor wear and i don't care for inclement weather so rain riding is out for me.

BD
Like DB says the RJL'S are excellent pads for both street and track.I have been caught out in the rain and they worked just as good.No more wear than stock pads so far.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I put aftermarket HH pads on my stock rotors and they ended up getting groved :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts