Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Which aftermarket bodywork?

  • Catalyst Racing Composites

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • HotBodies

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • SharkSkinz

    Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Optimum Performance Products

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Attack Performance

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • LP USA

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please explain

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    29
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't want to spend on OEM plastics but have little to no experience with aftermarket bodywork. I am depending on the collective wisdom of the board to point me in the right direction here! Considerations are:
How well does it fit out of the box?
Ready for paint - for real or only kinda?
Strength/thickness?

TIA!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Sharkskinz for sure. Lighter then stock, holds up well in a crash, totally repaintable/repairable. There's really nothing else you can ask for in an aftermarket fairing set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Opp carbon. You won't regret it. It's expencive so if that is an issue catylist composites is good also.
 

·
Yankee Racer
Joined
·
14,838 Posts
lavudyar said:
So I don't want to spend on OEM plastics but have little to no experience with aftermarket bodywork. I am depending on the collective wisdom of the board to point me in the right direction here! Considerations are:
How well does it fit out of the box?
Ready for paint - for real or only kinda?
Strength/thickness?

TIA!
I chose sharkskinz...here's why. Out of the box fit was perfect. It was ready to paint unless you are very anal then you just need to do a quick light sanding to make it perfect.
Strength and thickness: Strength is great trust me on that, had the bike flip a few times and it just cracked a few areas that I fixed up real easy. It isnt super thick but very pliable which allows for less damage when you have an off.
I also have hotbodies and while they work and are veru well priced they dont crash as well and are not ready to paint nearly as much as the sharkskinz.
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
I used hotbodies and I was happy w/ it. the newer stuff is alot better and has alot better fitment then the stuff they used to put out. Also is higher quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hillcountry10r said:
I used hotbodies and I was happy w/ it. the newer stuff is alot better and has alot better fitment then the stuff they used to put out. Also is higher quality.
Does the HB tail section work with the stock seat?
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
zx10ragentblack said:
I have the supersport hotbodies tail and it uses my seat
:+1:

Thats what I have.
 

·
Still here
Joined
·
9,059 Posts
danno22 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Do Not Follow Link, It's A Virus
Good looking out, how do ya know though?

Maybe a mod should remove that post?
 

·
talker of shite
Joined
·
7,285 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
Good looking out, how do ya know though?

Maybe a mod should remove that post?
looks like they did:lol: btw when I clicked on that link my antivirus clicked in & stopped it getting any further :cool: thought I'd warn others tho:ayyy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Back to the Subject at hand...I went w/ hotbodies and i didnt like them. The lines didnt wanna line up and there were many small cracks and chips in them. My friend got a set of Sharkskinz on his R1, they came out of the box, mounted great. The only reason he didnt shoot them w/ paint outta the box is b/c he's xtremly anal about everything, so he had some sanding to do.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top