Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I just have installed on my '10 ZX10R the M4 exhaust and removed all the baffles and etc. I have seen on youtube the after-fire (or backfire) however you call it, but I cannot repeat that with mine. What do I need to do in order to after fire? Do I need to flash the ecu so I am not riding lean and it will afterfire? Do I need straight header pipes without cat in it?

Thanks!

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Hello guys,

I just have installed on my '10 ZX10R the M4 exhaust and removed all the baffles and etc. I have seen on youtube the after-fire (or backfire) however you call it, but I cannot repeat that with mine. What do I need to do in order to after fire? Do I need to flash the ecu so I am not riding lean and it will afterfire? Do I need straight header pipes without cat in it?

Thanks!
Welp, I would Like this thread based on the correct use of the term "after-firing". Most people incorrectly call it backfiring. Good on ya for that one!

But since you actually WANT it to do that, I must unlike it. :confused: Most people run block-off plates and re-tune the bike to eliminate the stupid popping that causes the exhaust packing to wear out. But if you actually want you bike to do it, just run an overly rich mixture. Just keep adding fuel until the motor starts running crappy and you get the amount of flames and popping that makes you happy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welp, I would Like this thread based on the correct use of the term "after-firing". Most people incorrectly call it backfiring. Good on ya for that one!

But since you actually WANT it to do that, I must unlike it. :confused: Most people run block-off plates and re-tune the bike to eliminate the stupid popping that causes the exhaust packing to wear out. But if you actually want you bike to do it, just run an overly rich mixture. Just keep adding fuel until the motor starts running crappy and you get the amount of flames and popping that makes you happy. :thumbup:
Thank you very much for your reply. As I have a M4 Exhaust with all packing removed, therefore it will not wear out. I like it sometimes because it kinda looks ''bad ass''. However, I would not sacrifice the perfect fuel mixture (power) for only the after-fire.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts

I really can't add anything to that lol...:spit:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I must confess to a bit of trepidation when I clicked on this thread. In the world of Ducati, after-fire is when your Duc catches fire some time after you arrive at your destination.

Used in a sentence: Dude, awesome after-fire, the flames were 10, maybe 12 feet high. Need a lift back to civilization?

:2bitchslap:

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I must confess to a bit of trepidation when I clicked on this thread. In the world of Ducati, after-fire is when your Duc catches fire some time after you arrive at your destination.

Used in a sentence: Dude, awesome after-fire, the flames were 10, maybe 12 feet high. Need a lift back to civilization?

I quite literally LOL'd. :spit:

Being a huge Ducati fan I can't even get mad..

..because at times it's true. :wink:

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread..

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I quite literally LOL'd. :spit:

Being a huge Ducati fan I can't even get mad..

..because at times it's true. :wink:

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread..
Yeah, it never happened to me but it almost did. I got a recall shortly after buying the 1198s for the fuel line fittings. The service mgr. said “ok, we’ll have it back to you tomorrow” Before thinking, I blurted out “hey can I ride it home and back, I’m really close”

he says ‘smrufslayer... the FUEL line fitting can LEAK on to the hot exhaust causing a spontaneous FIRE while you’re riding.’ <-- at this point I was convinced. Really, it didn’t even take that long, but he continued: ‘ do your really want me to let you ride out of here knowing the bike could catch fire at any moment with you on it?’

uh... no.

And then a few years on there was the fried voltage regulator.. I saw 17+ volts on the dash before it cut out :surprise:

that was a great handling bike, but a bigger thorn in the behind than a jealous wife who knows about your high maintenance mistress... I’m basing this on Fatal Attraction, not that I’d have any experience with the mistress part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.