Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put the extensions on my bike with -1f +3r gearing. The bike is only at about 60" long and I am nowhere near used to the extensions yet. My first pass I had a real slow 60' and couldn't figure out how to shift "totally my fault" and went a 9.36 @ 151. Second pass was about the same and the third was a 9.23 @ 150 with a 1.65 60'. I have way better 60' with the bike at stock wheelbase. I am going to the MIROCK race at MIR this weekend and probably go Friday night to get a few more test runs in to try and get my 60's
down. Maybe I'll see some 9.0's or 8.90's. Here's a pic it's kinda grainy but you get the idea.:eek:ccasion1

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yeah, it's gonna take you a little bit to get used to the ext. cause your still wanting to ride it like it's still SWB. The gearing looks good, have you raised your launch rpm?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's gonna take you a little bit to get used to the ext. cause your still wanting to ride it like it's still SWB. The gearing looks good, have you raised your launch rpm?
I was launching @ around 8,000/8500. And you are right about this launching I was told that by a bunch of guys at the track. I'll tell you this so far I like stock wheelbase way more. It just seems like more fun to me.But at least it's easy to go back and Maybe I"ll bust off a nice 8 second pass and feel great. I hope that all goes well with the rest of your season. You seem like your having fun. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I was launching @ around 8,000/8500. And you are right about this launching I was told that by a bunch of guys at the track. I'll tell you this so far I like stock wheelbase way more. It just seems like more fun to me.But at least it's easy to go back and Maybe I"ll bust off a nice 8 second pass and feel great. I hope that all goes well with the rest of your season. You seem like your having fun. :eek:ccasion1
Thats a good rpm, just throw the clutch away quicker. Good luck with it bro. :thumbsup:

See you in Atco???

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a good rpm, just throw the clutch away quicker. Good luck with it bro. :thumbsup:

See you in Atco???
When is Atco and what type of race is it? Prostar? Shoot if I can make it I'll be there . If you can post a link up so that I can get the info or tell me where to find it. Atco actually isn't that far from me.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey Maze didn't you go low 20's at stock length?
I remember Rickey Gadson advertising his for sale 06 ZX10 as 20's and teens stock length, and 8.90's on extensions. :cool: That bike didn't look like it had much of anything done to it either.
I bet yours will get there. But :+1: for stock wheelbase. Just got to ride that SOB. :banamet: :ayyy:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Maze didn't you go low 20's at stock length?
I remember Rickey Gadson advertising his for sale 06 ZX10 as 20's and teens stock length, and 8.90's on extensions. :cool: That bike didn't look like it had much of anything done to it either.
I bet yours will get there. But :+1: for stock wheelbase. Just got to ride that SOB. :banamet: :ayyy:
I went a [email protected] at swb. But the bike has more in it. I think that it could and should go low 20's-teens after a few more runs at stock wheel base. Thanks for the vote of confidence I will keep you guys posted.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
When is Atco and what type of race is it? Prostar? Shoot if I can make it I'll be there . If you can post a link up so that I can get the info or tell me where to find it. Atco actually isn't that far from me.:eek:ccasion1
It's a Prostar race on Sept. 28-30. :thumbsup: www.amaprostar.com

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i doubt he has any. you dont need motor mods to run 9's w a 10r.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SHIT IM LEAVING MON FOR THE DESERT :sad: wish i could meet up w you guys.
hey maze what mods do you have? i cant see if thats a slip-on or full?
It's a full evo 2. I also have a pc3 and a little bit of head work with a kawi intake cam. Other than that the bike is lowered 3"in the rear and 1.25"up front with a strap to bring it down a bit more when needed. Also I have a -1tooth front sprocket and a +3 tooth rear sprocket. And an air shifter. That's all I think:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i doubt he has any. you dont need motor mods to run 9's w a 10r.
And that is true but I haven't seen any stock 10r's go too deep into the 9's with out some form of mods. I do know of a guy with only extensions who went 9.0's with just the extensions. But I never saw the ticket just his word. But he is a good rider so it is more than likely true.:eek:ccasion1

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
damn thats deadly weapon. custom map, how many hp?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn thats deadly weapon. custom map, how many hp?
Not very many really. I think that it made around 173 at the wheel. It peaked at 12k because we didn't degree the cams so it would make more if we do. It did make 90'lbs of tourqe so that was nice but that too would be higher with the proper cam degree. And the map is custom but it could probably be more custom with some more tweaks. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
It's a full evo 2. I also have a pc3 and a little bit of head work with a kawi intake cam. Other than that the bike is lowered 3"in the rear and 1.25"up front with a strap to bring it down a bit more when needed. Also I have a -1tooth front sprocket and a +3 tooth rear sprocket. And an air shifter. That's all I think:eek:ccasion1
How much more effective is an air shifter over the dynojet quick shifter?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much more effective is an air shifter over the dynojet quick shifter?
I have no idea. I've never used the dyno jet unit but I like the air shifter. I don't always use it though. Actually my fastest time ever was while foot shifting. But it's nice to have it espically when your seat pan is loose and it slides back to the rear of the bike with you in it while launching and you can't get your damn leg on to shift.. "that happened friday night"lol. :eek:ccasion1

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Not very many really. I think that it made around 173 at the wheel. It peaked at 12k because we didn't degree the cams so it would make more if we do. It did make 90'lbs of tourqe so that was nice but that too would be higher with the proper cam degree. And the map is custom but it could probably be more custom with some more tweaks. Thanks.
173 is killer:eek:ccasion1 i gotta get familiar w the who race cam thing. i wanna do that mod in the near future

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
173 is killer:eek:ccasion1 i gotta get familiar w the who race cam thing. i wanna do that mod in the near future
The cam cost $73. but the labor is a little much for a beginner. I had someone do it for me. Alot of guys do it though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts