Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I just got back from a dyno tune on Monday. I noticed that the bike pulls much harder and is smoother down low ~ midrange (almost night & day difference), but the top lacks. It seems to hit a wall around 140mph as in it no longer skips numbers on the speedometer. Wasn't like this before I brought it in. Before I brought it in it was running on a generic map from the HR1 exhaust site and pulled like a champ up top. When looking at the dyno graph the numbers tell a different story than what I am feeling. FYI, the place I took it to is certified to tune PCIII, but they specialize in Suzukis' :dontknow:. Could that be it? I would like to know if any of you guys know what this could be? Time for a retune? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
hahaha, I would hate to ride that thing below 6.5k. Stock cam degree it seems. The a/f does not look bad. Although I am not a tuner by no means.

·
Registered
681 Posts
How can you tell it has the stock cam timing?

I had mine done but do not know to what numbers I would like to know. The guy that did it is not longer here(in the country). He was paid to degree the cams but I do not know if I got what I paid for.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
How can you tell it has the stock cam timing?

I had mine done but do not know to what numbers I would like to know. The guy that did it is not longer here(in the country). He was paid to degree the cams but I do not know if I got what I paid for.

I was basically going off of my stock dyno run where the hit was in the same range with the a/f pretty much in the same area at 4500ft elevation. Not as big of a hit as in that run, but similar. (although the hp numbers are a lot higher than mine as a reference on that dyno)

the a/f is jacked down low in this graph(which kills entry and mid corner smooth throttle control), but with the cams degreed 106/104

·
Registered
667 Posts
The only Dyno in range of me is at a Harley center but they do mine up real nice usually, so I don't think they're "Specialty" means anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts