Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I have 2004 zx10r. my 10r mods; PCV, ignition module, autotune, quick Shifter pod 300 display. i have problem with AFR mixture. on the same map AFR sometime is lean and sometime is rich and sometimes its correct mixture, this happens when throttle is open from 2% till 20% between 1200 4500 RPM. when the temperature of the motor to 80 is not very noticeable, but after 80 AFR starts playing between 11.0-19.0. first I changed ECU, same situation. after I changed whole throttle, calibrated throttle position sensor with power commander but no results, same situation again! I disconnect everything aftermarket parts but nothing changes! no FI light! today i started change main harness wiring. if the problem does not resolve what this can be?:confused: please help me :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
When did the problem start?
Is this under steady throttle and engine load? Lets say you start at 1500 rpm in 2. gear and hold 5% throttle up to 5000rpm. Does the afr fluctuate as much? afr with on/off throttle shift between accelerate and decelerate will vary quite a bit by nature.
For the pcv, have you enabled and set any values in engine temp sensor/startup fuel, accelerator pump feature or runtime required/engine temp required for autotune? Just eliminating the very basics here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for responding. I changed wiring, now my bike is absolutely stock but problem is stay. Is the intake air temperature sensor faulty? or does not work properly?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When did the problem start?
Is this under steady throttle and engine load? Lets say you start at 1500 rpm in 2. gear and hold 5% throttle up to 5000rpm. Does the afr fluctuate as much? afr with on/off throttle shift between accelerate and decelerate will vary quite a bit by nature.
For the pcv, have you enabled and set any values in engine temp sensor/startup fuel, accelerator pump feature or runtime required/engine temp required for autotune? Just eliminating the very basics here.
i'll try it tomorrow. I do not enabled and set any values in engine temp sensor/startup fuel, accelerator pump feature or runtime required/engine temp required for autotune

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes, could sound like possible sensor issues giving a wrong reading (but still within range so no code), or poor connection to one of them. Specially since there is no problem during higher rpm and throttle when the ecu is running alpha-n mode and don`t rely on all the the sensors for fueling.

You can for fun also log injector operation in the Dynojet Powercore C3 software to verify they actually give more/less fuel when you have, and don`t have the problem. You must hook up the pcv (with a zero map) and autotune (disabled) again and take a ride with your laptop connected. Maybe you can log these channels with the pod 300 also, but I don`t know that unit. Probably more of a hassle than helpful though.

Below are the sensors operating ranges and what the ecu does when a sensor is out of the expected range. You should get the servicemanual to see how you check the sensors and the expected voltage. Do a search here, it should be posted somewhere. Or just borrow sensors from someone to test on your bike if possible.

12 13 14 and 15 could possibly cause some issues, although water temp fluctuation should show up on the dash. Keep us posted, interested in what the problem is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts