Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/VlS9YVG727c

Fun times from AFM Rd3 Thunderhill.
Thanks to my sponsors for making it possible! Serious RnD, The Motor Cafe, Vortex Racing, Riders Discount, AGVSPORT, Sidi, Sport Replay XD, and Dunlop Tires
I wasn't able to practice on Saturday due to stuff going on at home. Thankfully I was able to race on Sunday and went out with the plan to just ride to work on my fundamentals. After reviewing the videos, my report card for apexes is looking pretty sad. I know where I need to improve, so now it's just about finding some practice time.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You know something, posts like this are so much more entertaining than the usual "which exhaust sounds better" or "What tires are the best" drivel that people post on here. Thunderhill looks like such a bad ass track. I'd love to be able to ride there some day.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
https://youtu.be/VlS9YVG727c

Fun times from AFM Rd3 Thunderhill.
Thanks to my sponsors for making it possible! Serious RnD, The Motor Cafe, Vortex Racing, Riders Discount, AGVSPORT, Sidi, Sport Replay XD, and Dunlop Tires
I wasn't able to practice on Saturday due to stuff going on at home. Thankfully I was able to race on Sunday and went out with the plan to just ride to work on my fundamentals. After reviewing the videos, my report card for apexes is looking pretty sad. I know where I need to improve, so now it's just about finding some practice time.
The old lady and I were there until 1:30 or so. It was my first time at Thill and I have to say it's one hell of a facility. I dropped by what I think was your pit but you weren't around. There was 1 bike with a different number on it and a young guy there. I can't remember if I looked for 687 or 678. I checked out CTR Racing (I think) and was looking at a few green/black gen 4s. Was that you? That might have been around 11:30 shortly before the lunch break.

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know something, posts like this are so much more entertaining than the usual "which exhaust sounds better" or "What tires are the best" drivel that people post on here. Thunderhill looks like such a bad ass track. I'd love to be able to ride there some day.
Thanks! I think that's what helps keep this forum a community is the variety IT's not just information, but people sharing their experiences and passions together. :makeout::crackup:

The old lady and I were there until 1:30 or so. It was my first time at Thill and I have to say it's one hell of a facility. I dropped by what I think was your pit but you weren't around. There was 1 bike with a different number on it and a young guy there. I can't remember if I looked for 687 or 678. I checked out CTR Racing (I think) and was looking at a few green/black gen 4s. Was that you? That might have been around 11:30 shortly before the lunch break.
687 is me. Sorry I missed ya. Hopefully you got to see some good racing. I was in the first big metal awning. 678 is another kawi racer with green and black bikes. He was in a big ARMA tent behind CT Racing.

Cool vid Animal! Any track time is good time in my book.:ayyy:
Thanks! Agreed any track time is good. Just like trackdays, when you let your expectations get too far ahead of your abilities bad things can happen.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
687 is me. Sorry I missed ya. Hopefully you got to see some good racing. I was in the first big metal awning. 678 is another kawi racer with green and black bikes. He was in a big ARMA tent behind CT Racing.
I haven't been to a track in close to 20 years so any racing is good racing. Watching the on board footage is one of the best ways to get a racing fix for me.

You have concerns about your apex? Follow me around a track sometime and you'll feel like Freddie Spencer, Kenny Roberts and Valentino all in one!

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't been to a track in close to 20 years so any racing is good racing. Watching the on board footage is one of the best ways to get a racing fix for me.

You have concerns about your apex? Follow me around a track sometime and you'll feel like Freddie Spencer, Kenny Roberts and Valentino all in one!
Haha, im always wanting to be better, never satisfied with where I am.

Full Formula Pacific race: https://youtu.be/j0fi8qs1lm8

:+1: Great stuff man!
:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts