Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
What about stunt gearing on a liter bike for a commuter? Could be fun. Put those big piston forks to good use
And then what? Never change the front tire for the rest of your life? :cool:

Like others have said. Its a [email protected] liter bike. 600's already have enough grunt everywhere since fuel injection became a thing. A literbike has more of everything.

Yes, gixxer and beemer have more torque down low and in the midrange in comparison. If that's what you want, then go for it. There are no bad literbikes anymore. It won't matter on the road. They all have enough. I enjoy the lazy g4 engine down low. It makes me cruise, and keeps my inner hooligan in check. My personal preferences.

·
Registered
943 Posts
If you want torque and midrange, the one on the left is definitely better, but I’d buy the zx-10 over a gixxer any day. Just for the looks!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Agree, after ~50k miles on a 2013 10r, commuting on this newly designed hooligan will put a grin on your face. The stupidest designed bike ever and i love it. Will still be adding a new 10r/rsv4 factory/or 22 R1 if redone to sit along side it soon (fingers crossed).

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been taking a close look at buying a '21 ZX-10R. The bike will be used frequently for work commutes, so having a lot of low and mid power/torque is something that is important to me. Most of the reviews I have seen, say that the bike is very much lacking in this area (its strength is in the top end power/torque).

So I was starting to wonder if I may be better off with a '21 GSXR-1000R --- going by the reviews I have seen, it looks like the low and mid power/torque is where these bikes excel.

I would appreciate any advice on this.......would the Suzuki be a noticeable improvement? One thing I should say, I am talking about the bike performance "out of the box" in stock form.

Thanks!
Actually, the ideal bike in your scenario would be the Gixxer 1000. The foot pegs on the zx10r are much higher and the handle bar lower. The gixxer is the most comfortable of the superbike. the low to mid range is much better on the Gixxer. Looks is a matter of opinion but I hate the front faring of the new Kawasaki. On the track both bikes are beast and will offer more than enough for most riders. A common complaint about the Kawasaki (for track use) is that the abs is VERY intrusive. Watch this review about the Kawasaki. This may help...Have Kawasaki improved the 2021 ZX-10R for the road and track? | MCN review - YouTube

·
Registered
2021 ZX-10R
12 Posts
I tested the 21 Panigale R, Bmw RR, Gsxr R and Zx R, ended up with the Zx as the majority of the life for this bike will be doing track days.

So, the best bike by far based on my limited experience was the Ducati, second was the Bmw but the price of either for a fun track day only bike did not make sense, so they were out of the running. The Gsxr was more comfortable than the Zx just riding it on the road but for me it came down to feel of the motor and price. I like the response of the Zx better and it was 2k less.

Your experience may be different...

Now to find a way to lower the footpegs for a better seating position for me :rolleyes:...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a 2005 GSX R-1000 and now have a 2021 ZX-10R. Any differences you speak of would be relevant only on the track IMO. Either bike would have far more power/torque than you would ever need on the street for work commutes.
I had a 2005 GSX R-1000 and now have a 2021 ZX-10R. Any differences you speak of would be relevant only on the track IMO. Either bike would have far more power/torque than you would ever need on the street for work commutes.
I'm on a 2003 gsxr 1000 an totally love the bike. I'm torn between the 21 zx10 krt no abs or a 2018 gsxr 1k in white. Can you tell.me why you went with the Kawai ? I like the looks of both and have sat on the gsxr. It felt small and cheap compared to my 03. The Kawai is bigger longer and wider. I like the idea of a bigger bike nut mot in weight.

·
The Pace
7,209 Posts
Just scanned some above comments and noted Sky's about whatever low end that seems to irk noobs. First: I run 220 mile loop some of which are commuter slabs and a superbike is absolutely the BEST bike in EVERY situation unless very elderly; meaning stiff, out of physical shape, fat, mentally unfit. The perfection small perfection of the g4 splitting lanes in commute traffic even in mountain pass conditions (highway 17 that that connects Santa Cruz Illegal Sanctuary City, meaning my city, to San Jose) to tight one lane mountain roads has been documented by myself on this site since 2012 after I purchases the 2011 10r.

OK, BUT, the good tires will not last as long as the tour tires on slabs, BUT, tires on slabs last longer than good tires on mixes slabs and twisties. Why I so hate it when the manufacturers geared toward fake tech weight; but I get it, they have to follow the market, even a market that has no clue as they have to gauge the airheaded younger generation.

The take away: superbike on slabs is absolutely np; have to run radar and have to use traffic to cover sneak radar tricksters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm on a 2003 gsxr 1000 an totally love the bike. I'm torn between the 21 zx10 krt no abs or a 2018 gsxr 1k in white. Can you tell.me why you went with the Kawai ? I like the looks of both and have sat on the gsxr. It felt small and cheap compared to my 03. The Kawai is bigger longer and wider. I like the idea of a bigger bike but not in weight.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts