Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the Gen 5! I just did my first track day 2 weeks ago and signed up for 2 days at COTA the next day. I have a question for the experts. What are the options to decrease how much I slide back when riding. I've seen some guys have extended pads on a cowl cover but they were pros so I'm sure it was custom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sid

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,701 Posts
You're going to want to custom cut the foam pad on your rider seat or add a bump to it under the seat cover. You don't want to use the seat cowl to keep you from sliding back. It's not meant to support any weight and a good hard hit from your butt will break the mounting posts. It's more for looks than a functional back pad. Or go with a race tail.

Reactions: Sid Leake

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're going to want to custom cut the foam pad on your rider seat or add a bump to it under the seat cover. You don't want to use the seat cowl to keep you from sliding back. It's not meant to support any weight and a good hard hit from your butt will break the mounting posts. It's more for looks than a functional back pad. Or go with a race tail.
Thanks Sky,

Something like this?

CRC Fairings | Kawasaki ZX10 2011+ Race Fairing Front Fender

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,701 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts