Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As u guys are the experts over the pond I figured who better to ask. Just started to turn my 08 10r into something a bit more suited to the strip, -1/+2 lowering links n straps on order n swingarm extenders fitted- 7inch. Which leads me to NOS;-) I'm looking for a 50 bhp increase ( max for now)! I know nothing about NOS so all advice ( apart from don't fit;-) will be very much appreciated. I'm in no rush to fit just want to learn as much as possible before I venture down that road.
Cheers in advance

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
a nice 30-40 dry shot with a spray bar and good tune should wake her up and be ok runin premium pump gas. anything more you will need to retard the timing some and run higher octane gas to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I run a 45 shot without any timing retard or electronics. I use 110 octane race gas.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Its all on how you wanna do it man. A spray bar is ideal. When I had mine I just had a line sprayin before my filter and made 202 at the tire with a 38 on it. If you wanna make it smooth and easy to use. Put it on a wide open switch and get a 2 dial controller. Even comin on at 20% off the line it comes on hard. You can set your controller to come on easy and build fast. Thats just my:2cents:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so it looks like a 20-40 dry it is, any advice on where to get kits from. Here in uk I got wizard of NOS N that bout it. So anywhere over there u guys can recommend that post to UK. I've searched eBay etc n found plenty but u guys have 1st hand experience dealing with sellers/stores/web etc. I'm not afraid to pay a premium for quality kit, I figure if I'm gonna do this I may as well do it right 1st time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use Dynotunenitrous.com and they have good prices, helpful, knowledgable. Check out their digital progressive controller. It works great and is very versitle. Don't know if they ship overseas or not.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I seen one guy on here said it, hook it to a WOT (wide open throttle switch) it's the best and safest way to do it. I have never run spray on a bike but I had it on a couple cars I used to drag. That is the best advice I have, as I stated before never put the spray on my scooter

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
One rule with nitrous, if you can't afford to blow it up, don't use it. If you can afford to blow it up, spray the house down.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
not to thread jack but i am looking at doing some spray this winter too. the dyno tune kits look pretty good.

does anyone make a premade spraybar for a first gen. and what is everyone using for a progressive controller

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
mps spyder spraybar and gixxer 1300 bar are the best for the money. nos mini has everything u need to safely control and use nitrous for maximum benefits. also, dynojet dual hub is almost a necessity with pc111 to store nitrous map and street map if any street use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts