Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much richer do bikes run at around 6000 feet? is it worth changing the map some and taking away fuel? at idle i took 40% of fuel away and it has a smoother idle and crisper lower end, mid and high rpms are harder for me to dial in all seem close but i took away 30% in mid and 20% up top and cant really tell any difference any advice woul help, thanks

·
Registered
881 Posts
how much richer do bikes run at around 6000 feet? is it worth changing the map some and taking away fuel? at idle i took 40% of fuel away and it has a smoother idle and crisper lower end, mid and high rpms are harder for me to dial in all seem close but i took away 30% in mid and 20% up top and cant really tell any difference any advice woul help, thanks

A wideband in your exhaust would solve all your problems...

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
A wideband in your exhaust would solve all your problems...
Do that.

Theoretically, the ECU has a barometric pressure sensor in it that it could use to fully compensate for barometric pressure automatically, but in my experience, the part-load calibration on the stock Gen 1 ECU is so bloody rich it makes one wonder whether anyone was awake in the calibration department when they did that.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
I'm not too sure about the tunning aspect, but if you have or order a Venti Latte at that elevation, the foam disapaites much quicker due to the lower pressure at 6000ft. Think of it this way:
The logical way of thinking is that pressure is formed because of the presence of particles. Particles have mass. Things with mass are influenced by gravity. The closer a mass is to the center of the earth (lower altitude), the more pull it receives from the earth. So this gravity pulls most of the mass close to it.

So if you are going to order a Venti Latte, ask them to make more foam to balance this out. But that's just my opinion.

:sbucks:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Get it tuned on a dyno with tuning link.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts